Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I got my nipple pierced in November, for the first 6 weeks I was cleaning it twice a day with saline. It's still weeping though, and I always get crusties on the bar. Does this mean it's infected? Also the skin on my nipple seems dry round the piercing site. Is there anything I can do for all this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aimelove)
    I got my nipple pierced in November, for the first 6 weeks I was cleaning it twice a day with saline. It's still weeping though, and I always get crusties on the bar. Does this mean it's infected? Also the skin on my nipple seems dry round the piercing site. Is there anything I can do for all this?
    The average healing time for a nipple piercing is anywhere between two and twelve months! You don't say how long you've had the piercing now, but I wouldn't worry about it in that sort of time period. Also, it's quite normal for the piercing to continue to weep, so keep up saline soaks and wash with a good anti-bacterial soap and you should find it settles down. If in doubt, contact the piercer for reassurance!

ReputationRep:
    Eww oh God sounds painful I could never! lol The crusting sounds like pus. I imagine infections will be painful and coloured oddly. Might even stench.

ReputationRep:
    I think pictures are the only way anybody here will be able to give you an accurate diagnosis... :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I have mine pierced. I get crusties all the time (probably from clothes pressing on it?) and it sometimes weeps but I think it's normal.

I can tell if it's getting infected or a bit dodgy because it gets really sore and oozes +++
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    I had my right nipple pierced 10 years ago, and I still sometimes get crusties. It's normal.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 5, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.