The Student Room Group

If Messi wins the WC, is anyone going to claim that Ronaldo is better?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by LightBlueSoldier
And how did Germany look against Algeria and ghana? How did Brazil look against every team they've played?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Brazil aren't very good either and have been fluking their games, just like I said Argentina would have to do. I don't think either of them are good enough to win without a lot of luck.

Germany are just Bayern without pace. Playing stupid line ups that clearly haven't worked in the previous match means it isn't surprising that they're struggling. Their class has showed in the end in each game though, they haven't had to be lucky. I didn't see the Ghana - Germany match so I can't talk about that one.
Original post by xDave-
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Brazil aren't very good either and have been fluking their games, just like I said Argentina would have to do. I don't think either of them are good enough to win without a lot of luck.

Germany are just Bayern without pace. Playing stupid line ups that clearly haven't worked in the previous match means it isn't surprising that they're struggling. Their class has showed in the end in each game though, they haven't had to be lucky. I didn't see the Ghana - Germany match so I can't talk about that one.

So who can win the World Cup then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Lol'd irl.

Yeah, if Argentina win the World Cup, that means Messi is obviously better. Even if he fails to perform, that doesn't matter. Argentina won. He will be the GOAT.
Reply 23
So who can win the World Cup then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The big teams haven't been very convincing, so it's hard to say. France have probably been the best of them, and Germany have the best team imo, so I'd say the winner of their game has a good chance. I think those two would be too strong for any other side if there are no fortuitous events in the match, but there always are so it's not really worth saying.
Original post by xDave-
The big teams haven't been very convincing, so it's hard to say. France have probably been the best of them, and Germany have the best team imo, so I'd say the winner of their game has a good chance. I think those two would be too strong for any other side if there are no fortuitous events in the match, but there always are so it's not really worth saying.

Is that the same France who were reffed into a quarterfinal behind two shocking decisions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Deluded Ronaldo fans were disgruntled when that one went in. You won't even be able to clutch your final, solitary straw when Argentina win the World Cup :laugh:
Reply 26
Is that the same France who were reffed into a quarterfinal behind two shocking decisions?
Original post by xDave-
if there are no fortuitous events in the match, but there always are so it's not really worth saying.

Idk what you're talking to me about tbh.
Original post by xDave-
Idk what you're talking to me about tbh.

I'm just saying that France were worse than Nigeria last time out,

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
maradonna, zidane and ronaldinho are the true GOAT's :redface:
Original post by Doob

As someone who saw the entirety of zidane and ronaldinho's careers: messi is clearly on a different level to either of them. I cannot speak for the past but messi has been by far the best player I've ever seen. And my granddad who has seen every postwar World Cup says the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Doob

The highlighted aren't a patch on Messi.
Original post by xDave-
What does winning the world cup have to do with anything? Portugal are a **** team who got knocked out by Pepe's stupidity. What do you want Ronaldo to do, pay for Pepe to have some anger management? Ronaldo already carried them to the world cup, but there's only so much one player can do.

Argentina won't win anyway.

Di Maria is ****e, Argentina are ****e. Messi won it for them today.

Original post by Drewski
So, winning the World Cup means you're automatically a better player? Really?

So what would have happened if England had won, are you going to say Rooney's better than the pair of them?

But they were never going to... what if Wigan had won the UCL? Stupid hypothetical

Original post by manchesterunited15
Messi's better anyway. But winning the WC won't prove it, it's not Ronaldo's fault he plays with Nani and Postiga rather than Di Maria and Aguero.

As proven today, Messi and Aguero are Argentina's only decent players
Reply 32
Wonder how england would do if we had Messi instead of Rooney...
Original post by Doob

Swap Ronaldinho for Cruyff and Pele
Original post by TheAnusFiles

I agree with you on Messi being the best of this generation, but don't talk *******s. Di Maria is a terrific player, he's just having a poor tournament. Lavezzi, Garay, Higuain, Zabaleta and Mascherano are also very 'decent' players.
Seems Messi has dragged Argentina to the quarter finals already.

People talk about players like Pele and Cruyff but forget that history and time makes them look better. Who now watching all 90 mins of every game they played? Ofcourse the highlights reel look amazing.

Messi's highlights of this tournament look pretty impressive already imo.
Original post by TheAnusFiles

But they were never going to... what if Wigan had won the UCL? Stupid hypothetical

Don't be silly, Di Maria is a brilliant player. Zabaleta is the PL's best RB, and most of the team are good players.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
I agree with you on Messi being the best of this generation, but don't talk *******s. Di Maria is a terrific player, he's just having a poor tournament. Lavezzi, Garay, Higuain, Zabaleta and Mascherano are also very 'decent' players.

So are half of the Portugal team. They're decent.
Original post by manchesterunited15
Don't be silly, Di Maria is a brilliant player. Zabaleta is the PL's best RB, and most of the team are good players.

So are half of Portugal's. Im not saying Ronaldo is ****, just undeniably the 2nd best in the world
Original post by Zerforax
Seems Messi has dragged Argentina to the quarter finals already.

People talk about players like Pele and Cruyff but forget that history and time makes them look better. Who now watching all 90 mins of every game they played? Ofcourse the highlights reel look amazing.

Messi's highlights of this tournament look pretty impressive already imo.

People like to go against the grain for the sake of it. The Messi bandwagon is a bandwagon worth being on.

Quick Reply

Latest