Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anybody else feel like finding any kind of job is impossible? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was NEET for 2 years when I was 16-18 and I wasn't even offered an interview after I applied for hundreds over those 2 years, now I'm 21 and just finished A-levels and I've been applying to dozens over the past few weeks and the exact same thing is happening. I've applied for all sorts, from cleaning to selling jewellery.

Even voluntary work I've had nothing and bills in the house are running tight.. what can I do?

I have no experience at all except for being with my family's store front for 2 years but because it's my parents most people aren't going to believe me.

Anybody else?

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I found a job as a project manager with zero experience and no degree. You have to know what you're doing. It helped that I was at an ex poly uni when I applied as they had amazing links with employers that they knew for decades and could thus get me into places i'd otherwise have had zero chance of.

ReputationRep:
    I just don't know where I'm going wrong!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.