Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    1. I know that they ask about technical stuff in the test, like tyre pressure and stuff under the bonnet, but can anyone explain it a bit please? A bit bamboozled with this...

2. What was your first car and how much did it cost? I'm looking to get one, but have no idea how much to spend. Would £3,000 be OK?

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask your instructor to run through this with you on the car that you'll be driving on your test as cars do vary slightly where certain things are.

My first car was a perfect Cinquecento sporting costing £1700. I loved it until i wrote it off two weeks after passing my test.

£3000 is alot to spend on a first car.. remember insurance can easily be £1200 for a new male driver.

Good luck with passing.

http://www.driving-test-success.com/...e_tell_me.html

3000 would get a car and insurance but it depends what youre after realy, if youre not fussed it would be fine

ReputationRep:
    IMO 3k is too much to spend on a first car for most people.

Spend 1k on the car max IMO for a year then get something faster, more expensive/luxurious once you've got a bit of experience which is so vital.

ReputationRep:
    Another question...

If the examiner asks me something about where to put the oil or any of this bonnet stuff, and I dont know, can he/she fail me or will it be a minor? he instructor hasnt told me anything about it so far...

ReputationRep:
    Ask your instructor to explain it all to you, but getting one or both questions wrong is only a minor so they dont matter that much really. Read through the thread I have done which is stickied at the top, 'advice for learning to drive' I have put a link in there to info about the questions.

ReputationRep:
    i havnt bought ma first car yet but it wud have to be the peugout 207 or 206 both great an d small and easy riders!

ReputationRep:
    They will ask you 2 questions, if you get them both wrong then its 2 minors. Your instructor might tell you a week before your test and then 5 mins before your test, to keep them fresh in your mind

Your insurance will cost a lot.

First quote I got was £1860 or something stupid.

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.