Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Romance. Global. Confusion. Help! Watch

This is so juvenile, but I need some outside advice on this.

Very long story slightly shorter: I am a 17 year old English Boy, she is a 17 year old French girl, we spent three weeks together as part of a group of twelve.

We talk on Facebook (I know, Facebook, but we live in different countries, face-to-face or phone aren't really feasible) semi-regularly. I like her, a lot, but I'm neither ready nor willing to have a relationship with her or anyone else. I'm very introverted, and I am just unready to share enough of myself with anyone to make it work.

So, I am kind of increasingly suspecting that she might reciprocate. She wrote a very complimentary comment on a blog I wrote (containing 'these are just a few of the 100 things I like about you) and the other day said 'I love your personality more every day'. Hell, my mum said from the beginning she thought she liked me, but I automatically discount that, because she's my mum. Also, she elongates my name.

Look, I am not really good at judging peoples intentions, so I turn to you on this, people of TSR. Might she like me? What should I do next? And does 'we'll talk tomorrow' actually mean we'll talk tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Very long story slightly shorter: I am a 17 year old English Boy, she is a 17 year old French girl, we spent three weeks together as part of a group of twelve.

We talk on Facebook (I know, Facebook, but we live in different countries, face-to-face or phone aren't really feasible) semi-regularly. I like her, a lot, but I'm neither ready nor willing to have a relationship with her or anyone else. I'm very introverted, and I am just unready to share enough of myself with anyone to make it work.

So, I am kind of increasingly suspecting that she might reciprocate. She wrote a very complimentary comment on a blog I wrote (containing 'these are just a few of the 100 things I like about you) and the other day said 'I love your personality more every day'. Hell, my mum said from the beginning she thought she liked me, but I automatically discount that, because she's my mum. Also, she elongates my name.

Look, I am not really good at judging peoples intentions, so I turn to you on this, people of TSR. Might she like me? What should I do next? And does 'we'll talk tomorrow' actually mean we'll talk tomorrow?
    we'll talk tommorow = we'll talk tomorrow
    it seems that she like you but to what extent im not sure.
    also try not to overread things and keep things simple as overcomplicating stuff would be...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Those are the most obvious signs she likes you 100% - stop overthinking dude. us guys tend to think that when we are thinking too much.

I dont know what you should do next, if your not ready for it, then your not ready. but it sounds like your kidding yourself, because it seems like you like her just as much.

On top of that - if your mom noticed that, then she def likes you so much that she cant hide it - which she obviously isnt hiding anyway.

good luck

ReputationRep:
    haha good luck i worked in france for a year and i cant recal any english bloke ever pulling a french girl. its rare as rocking horse ****. good luck though fella!

ReputationRep:
    Don't think about what you "should" do - especially if you're not sure about what you want. Just try to enjoy the friendship while it's there and possibly do some things to edge yourself out of your comfort zone! I would say I'm more introverted too and despite being very proud of it, you do have to throw yourself into the deep end at times! (Just like extroverts need to learn to work alone!) I'm not saying throw yourself into this relationship, but get yourself to a place where you are more confident when situations like this come up.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.