Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just found an email from UCAS in my inbox advertising a site called **********(www.**********.co.uk) and it's basically another networking site where you can meet people from your uni, course, accommodation, anything. I've just signed up and am going to have a look around, thought people here might like to check it out

ReputationRep:
    Wow, that's so cool.

I wish I was going to Sussex so much

ReputationRep:
    Have you decided on Kent then?

ReputationRep:
    No, not as such yet. But either way I most likely won't be at Sussex this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aspect)
    No, not as such yet. But either way I most likely won't be at Sussex this year.
    I know it's not what you planned but if you do take the gap year don't get despondant - keep yourself busy and save some money and it'll be fab, plus when you get to uni it will be even better

ReputationRep:
    Gap years can be great if you make the most of them. I took one this year, worked for six months and then went travelling. I've grown so much in that time and it's really prepped me for uni.

ReputationRep:
    I recomend anyone who has been sprung with an unexpected gap year to look at gapyear.com, I didn't realise there were so many amazing opportunities out there, I'm now unbelievably excited about spending 8 weeks in Africa, 4 weeks working with horses followed by 4 weeks working in an animal rehabilitation centre!
    Anyway, on topic, that uni villiage sounds good but how come I didn't get an email?? I haven't just completely dropped off the UCAS system all together you know I'm still going to uni!!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to take away from the post lol, back on topic!!

Sleepy, you don't get an email address until you actually arrive at the uni. The lucky freshers-to-be won't get their email addresses until they arrive, probably after freshers week.

Am I right? You guys havn't got addys from Sussex yet right?

ReputationRep:
    You're right I don't have a Sussex email ad yet

I've been getting so many emails from UCAS recently, they're actually getting annoying! Think yourself lucky You'll probably get them all next year anyway Teehee!

ReputationRep:
    ^ Don't worry, I'm still getting them...

ReputationRep:
    The only letters I get from them are asking me to fill in their quizes... not really that helpful, I'd have liked some interesting ones like the one Squirly got

ReputationRep:
    I'm finding UCAS really annoying too. I paid them £15 for a service and all they keep doing is spamming me with adverts and not sending me the important stuff like the AS12 LETTER!! THE FOOLS!

ReputationRep:
    They're a right pain are UCAS. They must make a fortune selling our e-mail addresses to spammers!

Still joined though. Don't want to be the odd one out.

ReputationRep:
    I never get anything interesting from UCAS :bawling: But I don't mind since I'll always have TSR

ReputationRep:
    I got that email about ********** too but every time I try to sign up it tells me it has timed out and I am not that slow at typing so I dunno :confused: !

ReputationRep:
    I've joined it, though I can't find a decent picture of me so it's pretty plain! I was planning on ignoring it (I never jump for joy at UCAS email) but I'm a sheep so... I'm there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoea85)
    I got that email about univillage too but every time I try to sign up it tells me it has timed out and I am not that slow at typing so I dunno :confused: !

I got the same thing :mad: That was the other day when I got the email though ... so I'll go and try again now and report back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulofanewmachine)
    I got the same thing :mad: That was the other day when I got the email though ... so I'll go and try again now and report back.
    hey I got it to work at last through internet explorer. I was using AOL before so try explorer and it might be ok! AOL always causes problems!

ReputationRep:
    Just signed up now! Looks a bit bare at the moment, with not many people, but once freshers week gets under way should be a good myspacish thing for us uni dudes and dudettes to use !... i've got a feeling its very similar to that other uni thing (is it called facebook ?!.. cant remember), where you need a uni email to sign up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zoea85)
    hey I got it to work at last through internet explorer. I was using AOL before so try explorer and it might be ok! AOL always causes problems!

Yep, same here! >_< I think we're going to get rid of AOL somewhen ... it causes problems like you say and it's too expensive.

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.