The Student Room Group

2015 Consulting graduate applications

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
Has anyone done the Capgemini situational strengths test? Having found the EY one relatively easy I found Capgemini's really hard :frown:
Hi, what was so hard about it? I have to do it this week and I'm scared! Failed the KPMG one, and although I passed the EY one, I thought it was really difficult.
Reply 242
There's no time limit to it and there's only 8 questions but I found the answers much less distinguishable from one another than the EY one, as they were all pretty similar it was hard to determine the order to put them in!
You get a personalised feedback report at the end which says your 3 main skills so maybe they just judge it off that?
Reply 243
Original post by TC2016
Has anyone done the Capgemini situational strengths test? Having found the EY one relatively easy I found Capgemini's really hard :frown:

I've done it. It was comparatively obscure compared to the others I've done (i.e. the 'correct' answer is not blindingly obvious) and I really think it's one of the few for which you can't 'fake' a result. They've now invited me to do the SHL Verbal and Logical Reasoning, so I presume I passed Situational Strengths.
Reply 244
I applied to BDO around the 20th sept for M&A was this too late as I havent had a reply of any sort?
Hi, just wondering how long it took for them to get back to you after completing the strengths test? Also, what is the deadline for the verbal and logical reasoning? I have 2 interviews next week so want to plan my time around it!
Reply 246
Original post by tasmith247
Hi, just wondering how long it took for them to get back to you after completing the strengths test? Also, what is the deadline for the verbal and logical reasoning? I have 2 interviews next week so want to plan my time around it!

I completed my Strengths Test on Friday night and received invites for the SHL Verbal and Logical tests the following Tuesday. You get five days from receipt of the email to complete both SHL tests.

So far, I'm very impressed by how efficient Capgemini have been.
Reply 247
Original post by Sync
I've done it. It was comparatively obscure compared to the others I've done (i.e. the 'correct' answer is not blindingly obvious) and I really think it's one of the few for which you can't 'fake' a result. They've now invited me to do the SHL Verbal and Logical Reasoning, so I presume I passed Situational Strengths.

Original post by TC2016

Hi, what was so hard about it? I have to do it this week and I'm scared! Failed the KPMG one, and although I passed the EY one, I thought it was really difficult.

Which area of Cap are you guys going for? I presume CC, but more specifically?
Original post by M1011

Management consulting- programme management- what about yourself?
Reply 249

Cool. I already work in CC. It's a great place (in my humble opinion) and the CDC programme is really strong. Good luck with it and feel free to PM if you have questions!
Original post by M1011
Cool. I already work in CC. It's a great place (in my humble opinion) and the CDC programme is really strong. Good luck with it and feel free to PM if you have questions!

Hi, thanks so much I would appreciate that! Let me find out if I'm through to the interview after the online tests and then I'll PM you some questions :smile: thank you!
Reply 251
Original post by M1011

Same here. Management Consulting - Programme and Transformation Management.
Email from IBM saying I passed the IPAT/CAT and thus they're reviewing my CV in further detail before deciding what to do next. Is this standard procedure? Thought they did this before sending out test invites?
Original post by Consultingstude
Email from IBM saying I passed the IPAT/CAT and thus they're reviewing my CV in further detail before deciding what to do next. Is this standard procedure? Thought they did this before sending out test invites?

If it's like last year, standard.
Reply 254
Original post by Sync

Me too, I'm worried about the maths one as SHL is harder than the others I've had!
Original post by TC2016
Me too, I'm worried about the maths one as SHL is harder than the others I've had!

Has anyone done the logical and verbal tests? If so, can anyone tell me how many questions there are and how much time we get please?
Reply 256
Has anyone done the logical and verbal tests? If so, can anyone tell me how many questions there are and how much time we get please?

I've just done the verbal one, pretty standard 30 questions, 19 minutes nothing too hard.
It's not a numerical it's a logical reasoning test which I find harder much harder! Wishing I'd have done some kind of maths/business degree now with all these tests!!!
Original post by TC2016
I've just done the verbal one, pretty standard 30 questions, 19 minutes nothing too hard.
It's not a numerical it's a logical reasoning test which I find harder much harder! Wishing I'd have done some kind of maths/business degree now with all these tests!!!

I know what you mean. having to brush up on Maths etc is so time-consuming! is it 20 questions in 19 minutes for the logical too? Also, do you have to do both together, or can you take like a day's break in between them?
Just starting applications now, wondering what kind of online tests they usually have.

Usual numerical/verbal/logic and some strengths/situational or anything else I need to watch out for?
Reply 259
Original post by TC2016

I know what you mean. having to brush up on Maths etc is so time-consuming! is it 20 questions in 19 minutes for the logical too? Also, do you have to do both together, or can you take like a day's break in between them?

Logical test is 24 questions in 25 minutes. You can take a break between the Logical and Verbal, as long as they're both completed by the deadline. I found the Verbal to be fine and the Logical to be tougher. It's definitely worth practicing as many examples as possible for the Logical, as the same types of questions tend to come up.

Received an invite to telephone interview around two hours after completing the Logical, which means that Capgemini are pretty much the most efficient recruiters ever...

Quick Reply

Latest