Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

M262 - Motion on Tracey Emin's 'My Bed' artwork Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    M262 - Motion on Tracey Emin's 'My Bed' artwork, barnetlad
    This House calls for the responsible Government minister to issue an export ban to be applied to Tracey Emin's 'My Bed' artwork, which is being auctioned, so that this iconic example of a modern installation artwork of a British artist can remain in the UK for viewing.

(Original post by barnetlad)
    QFA
    I didn't get a title with the motion, so if you would like the title changed, please let me know.

ReputationRep:
    No. If only we could ban someone from buying it.

It's a god awful piece of supposed "art" and I hate to think someone is going to earn over a million for it.

ReputationRep:
    I saw it today- different from how I remembered it. Had a discussion with the people I was with about the vodka bottle as to whether it was a brand that existed at the time of the artwork's creation. Turned out it was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Republic1)
    No. If only we could ban someone from buying it.

It's a god awful piece of supposed "art" and I hate to think someone is going to earn over a million for it.
    If anyone's gonna get filthy rich I really don't mind it being her. My family were neighbours with her back when she worked in Bethnal Green in the 90s and I remember her from when I was little, she is one of the sweetest, friendliest and most down-to-Earth people you could hope to meet, if a little on the eccentric side!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Abstain. Couldn't really care less.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saoirse:3)
    If anyone's gonna get filthy rich I really don't mind it being her. My family were neighbours with her back when she worked in Bethnal Green in the 90s and I remember her from when I was little, she is one of the sweetest, friendliest and most down-to-Earth people you could hope to meet, if a little on the eccentric side!
    Aye, she seemed quite nice during the recent Paxo interview. I've never been a fan of those hipster arty types who throw a paint bucket at a canvas and sell it for millions though.

I don't think she get's a penny anyway. She old it to Saatchi ages ago and I think it's him that will profit from the millions.

ReputationRep:
    Who pays for this junk?

ReputationRep:
    I dont care. Abstain.
    What we call culture, tradition and history is actually ideology. Keeping the society run in the interests of the powerful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O133)
    Abstain. Couldn't really care less.
    Same here.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Division! Clear the lobbies!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 8, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.