Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you know anyone who got into a nursing degree at a Russell group Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Did you or do you know anyone who got into a Russell group for nursing without getting the grades, if so, what subject and what grades did they get, please share as I'm lacking any motivation and have no positivity, thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest why does it have to be a rg uni?
    Nursing courses have to follow the same structure set out by the NMC. So it shouldn't really matter to much on what uni it is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    OP I believe that will be very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    I have gotten into a rg uni to do nursing. But I do ask why you want people to share personal information when each person is assessed individually for entry.
    Asides from that, it shouldn't matter too much on what uni you get into if you are doing a degree you love.
    No one seems to ask what uni you attended when you graduate. I haven't been asked yet for my previous degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deviant182)
    I have gotten into a rg uni to do nursing. But I do ask why you want people to share personal information when each person is assessed individually for entry.
    Asides from that, it shouldn't matter too much on what uni you get into if you are doing a degree you love.
    No one seems to ask what uni you attended when you graduate. I haven't been asked yet for my previous degree.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This. With courses like nursing it doesn't really matter where you studied, in the end all courses have criteria they have to meet set by the NMC that students have to do to become nurses whichever uni they're at. When employing NQ nurses most employers couldn't care less where people have trained, they want to know that you have or will be getting your PIN, that you are interested in the post you're going for and come across in the application and interview like you will have the ability to do the job. While it's nice to be ambitious wanting to study somewhere with prestige, it doesn't have a massive bearing on jobs when you come out the other end

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.