Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

depressed feel judged by family Watch

When I feel depressed I tend to withdraw and go quite around my family.My relationships with them have changed alot.They are constantly judging me for being this way.They ask me, do you not know how to talk? they call me boring, and i feel put on the spot some times when they're like okay tell us something good anything', it just reminds me how much i've changed and i become so overwhlemed. Whenever my mum introduces me to others she's like 'this daughter used to be so talkative now she hardly talks', it's like it's making my problems so obvious to others!I have alot going on in my head which I get is sometimes self inflicted/destructive, but the'ye judgments make me worry even more.

I hate that I can't get out of my own head sometimes and enjoy myself with family.I would rather someone else started of a conversation as in my current state of mind I feel drained and cannot think of anything.Why can my family not see this?I can easily tell when someone is feeling down and the last thing i would do is tell them to entertain me with conversation, instead I would try and take their mind of whatever it is. Alot of the time I'm upset about silly things so I can't always explain to others.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried to explain this to them? Maybe write a note or an email if you don't have the energy to explain it all. Perhaps also show them some websites that explain depression and how they can help you?

Also you might benefit from getting some therapy and talking to someone professional about what's going on. Feel free to private message me if you want someone to talk to or some more advice

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 1, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.