Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This one is mouth-watering. I am a USA fan, and I just hope they can nick it by one goal.

But it will be hard to stop Hazard and co from scoring, so maybe they need 2?

ReputationRep:
    I hope the USA win this. Belgium are much better on paper but they haven't really lived up to it (yet) IMO. Though maybe they are just starting to get into gear? Anyway I think the US are more likeable. I hope they win.

ReputationRep:
    Hope the US destroy Belgium tbh, but I think Belgium will edge it.

ReputationRep:
    As long as Jani gets on I don't care

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure UKIP will be wanting a US win, to show that America has more of an impact on the world stage than Brussels and that we should side with them.

For completely separate reasons, I think the US will win.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

America! Yeh!

ReputationRep:
    Hope Belgium give the yanks a good arse-kicking.

ReputationRep:
    Yanks have done well but it's belgiums night.

ReputationRep:
    Want the USA to win, just to see what the reaction is like in the States

ReputationRep:
    Hope Hazard goes cray against these yanks

ReputationRep:

GO BELGIUM!

ReputationRep:
    Is this game on both the bbc and itv?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isambard Kingdom Brunel)
    This one is mouth-watering. I am a USA fan, and I just hope they can nick it by one goal.

But it will be hard to stop Hazard and co from scoring, so maybe they need 2?
    I have a soft spot for the US given my family connections there but I'm finding this one too close to call and I think it would be a travesty if this highly talented Belgian team were to fall by the wayside.

What I've liked is the skyrocket in interest in the World Cup stateside as I guess people have realised it's a big deal worldwide. Worryingly for everyone else that means if investment explodes and they start developing truly world class players, it's game over for everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    arghhhh go USA!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    total randomer in the studio for tonight's game

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Belgium have massively underperformed this tournament. Lukaku has just been awful, definitely not worth £30m (never should have cut his hair). But they have impact players so should win. But USA have been really well trained/organised and can stay solid. They've also got a player who can knick a goal so could be a close game.

1-1 FT. It'll go to pens. USA will win on pens.

ReputationRep:
    Belgium are a different side with Origi tbh, should win tonight easily

ReputationRep:
    Hogan, cringe. In fact pretty much everything about that U.S.A video was cringe.

Anyway, hope they lose today.

ReputationRep:
    I want USA to LOSE. Hate the over patriotic chanting of "USA" It's rather disturbing. Like these ignorant, uneducated, inbred rednecks shouting yet not even able to fathom the sport of Football!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.