Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl never texted back...hurts like hell Watch

ReputationRep:
    So this girl said she'd inform me, after giving her number to me, if she could or couldn't make it to our date but 100% said she wanted to meet.

She said she would text back but hasn't. Had a feeling she was gonna do that, but she gave me her number anyway and still organised a date. She's still on my facebook.

What do I do? Confront her about it? Ask why she didn't text back, even though apparently we were gonna meet as "friends". I feel so, so, so depressed now. We were supposed to see a movie together. She didn't stand me up but it feels like it.

I didn't text her a follow up in the last couple of days, but am thinking of doing it, asking if she forgot or something. I dunno what to do. She's totally ignored me and it hurts like hell.

ReputationRep:
    Move on, prepare your study material for the next academic year.

ReputationRep:
    Discard her like the scab you peeled off your knee when you fell for her!

ReputationRep:
    My best advice would be to leave it. If she gets back to you, great! That means she missed you, if not you can always find a new girl and a date

ReputationRep:
    The name 'Awkward Turtle' could suggest something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abdul-Karim)
    Move on, prepare your study material for the next academic year.
    :rofl:

That's so harsh!

ReputationRep:
    Everyone gets shut down at some point. It's not a big deal! Do not contact her because that'll make you look like a little b*tch and she'll just have no respect for you. Show that you're a man, keep your head up and act like you could not care less. She'll come running.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ofuoko)
    Discard her like the scab you peeled off your knee when you fell for her!
    Oh, snap!

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    Find an ugly girl and have your way with her.

ReputationRep:
    You feel 'depressed'?

Get over it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awkward Turtle)
    I didn't text her a follow up in the last couple of days, but am thinking of doing it, asking if she forgot or something. I dunno what to do. She's totally ignored me and it hurts like hell.
    I know it can really suck when someone doesn't text back or answer your calls It's much harder than if they'd just said they're not into you, it denies you any closure.

The thing is, keep in mind that time heals all. It's not like a girlfriend suddenly disappeared, it was even pre-dating. You will have pangs of regret and miserableness, but these pangs will get less severe each time, and over time they will go away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsRochana)
    You feel 'depressed'?

Get over it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Depressed is probably the wrong word but he clearly had feelings for her and feels like he's been led on so telling him to 'get over it' isn't very nice.

OP, I think you should leave her and not say anything unless she pops up first.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say confront her about it, some girls genuinely forget to reply text messages. I sometimes do

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awkward Turtle)
    So this girl said she'd inform me, after giving her number to me, if she could or couldn't make it to our date but 100% said she wanted to meet.

She said she would text back but hasn't. Had a feeling she was gonna do that, but she gave me her number anyway and still organised a date. She's still on my facebook.

What do I do? Confront her about it? Ask why she didn't text back, even though apparently we were gonna meet as "friends". I feel so, so, so depressed now. We were supposed to see a movie together. She didn't stand me up but it feels like it.

Move on buddy, move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat pal, if they can't be bothered to give you a response move on. Or text her again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsRochana)
    You feel 'depressed'?

Get over it

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Said a woman in the West.

ReputationRep:
    Don't double-text girls you aren't already close to. If they can't be bothered to even reply to you then they're just self-absorbed.

Find a better one.

ReputationRep:
    Even if she forgot, it's a sign that you're not on her mind and that she's not into you. Don't you want to see someone who is enthusiastic about you? Trust me...its too much energy any other way and they won't respect you if you do anything for their attention. Be in control and leave it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Move on. She's not in to you in my opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.