Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Exams are over, and I feel I have done well in some, and not so well in others. The University I have applied to is Canterbury Christchurch University for French studies.
    The entry requirements are CCC, from the exams I think that I have got a B in French, a C in psychology, and an E in chemistry. I have really struggled with chemistry, and I don't feel that the exams went well, I'm so worried that I haven't done well enough to get into the university that I want to go to, do you think they will be lenient?
    I know nobody knows for sure, and I know that I don't know for sure what my results are, but do you think that there is a chance of me going to university this year based on these predictions, after all, it is French that I want to study which relates in no way to chemistry?
    Also, languages aren't vastly popular, so I don't think that the course will fill up very quickly, which I'm hoping helps my cause.
    To summarise, the entry requirements are: CCC
    I think I have: BCE
    any chance of me getting into my first choice university?

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Canterbury Christchurch? youll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    There's a chance because it's not likely to be completely oversubscribed, but ultimately nobody can give you a definitive answer until results day. It will depend on how many other people miss their offer. The fact you've done better than required in the subject that's relevant is good, but really there's nothing to say yet. Having it as your firm choice helps too, as they often prefer students who applied to the university and wanted to go there compared with someone who went through clearing to apply. There are things in your favour, but try not to stress too much now without all the facts. You can only wait, unfortunately, but get on to the phone as soon as you can on results day if you need to.

ReputationRep:
    is it UCAS points equiv of 3c's or explicitly want 3c's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    is it UCAS points equiv of 3c's or explicitly want 3c's?
    3 C's

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nymthae)
    There's a chance because it's not likely to be completely oversubscribed, but ultimately nobody can give you a definitive answer until results day. It will depend on how many other people miss their offer. The fact you've done better than required in the subject that's relevant is good, but really there's nothing to say yet. Having it as your firm choice helps too, as they often prefer students who applied to the university and wanted to go there compared with someone who went through clearing to apply. There are things in your favour, but try not to stress too much now without all the facts. You can only wait, unfortunately, but get on to the phone as soon as you can on results day if you need to.
    Thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    Canterbury Christchurch? youll be fine.
    Fingers crossed, thanks I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tenbe)
    Hi SaraBB, quick word of encouragement. I read someone's personal statement on here earlier and they said in the author comments that they did not get the results for their firm choice but still managed to get in. They said they believe it was down to their personal statement. So maybe with your PS and the fact that chemistry isn't really relevant to French, they may still let you in?

Hope they do Good luck!
    Thanks so much for the encouragement, it's put my mind at ease a bit, my personal statement is quite strong according to teachers so hopefully that will help me pull through, thanks again and fingers crossed!

ReputationRep:
    I wish my first choice wanted CCC

ReputationRep:
    My friend got way lower than the offer, and went through clearing and got on the exact same course at the exact same university, so there is hope, but don't doubt yourself too much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraBB)
    3 C's
    Give their admissions officer an e-mail

ReputationRep:
    Sorry completely irrelevant, I was wondering if I could this with loughborough university ??

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing you can do now.

Someone once told me (paraphrased) to only worry about the things you can change as everything else is wasted effort.

It stuck with me. So it should with you. So don't worry - it won't change anything.

ReputationRep:
    I could get that in my sleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    I could get that in my sleep.
    Why don't you die in your sleep while you're at it.

ReputationRep:
    I was going to but I'm not sure what to say without it looking like an excuse email, any ideas of what could be said? Thanks

I was going to but I'm not sure what to say without it looking like an excuse email, any ideas of what could be said? Thanks
    You'll be fine trust me

From a lovely CCCU student

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    You'll be fine trust me

From a lovely CCCU student
    Thanks so much, I'm really panicking, so this has put me more at ease

ReputationRep:
    Just be courteous and hopefully you will get a reply.
    Very tentatively something like:

Dear admissions team,

Unfortunately I didn't receive the prequisite requirements for the [state course] of 3 C's, [gaining/expecting to gain] [such a grade's].

I understand that although I haven't achieved the expected grade for [subject], I have achieved the equivalent in UCAS points.

I would be very grateful if I could have some insight on the possibility of attaining a place for [course]. If not, what steps could I take for a more successful application next time around?

Many thanks
    [name]

> Just woke up, but I would put something along those lines :P Hope it helps a little.

EDIT: if unsuccessful in my application, what steps...*

ReputationRep:
    You never know you may get higher your course work may go in your favor

Nightworld1066

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.