Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    Just want to find out how the enhanced room is different to a standard room? Does it have a double bed?

Thanks
    Xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkbarker176)
    Hi!
    Just want to find out how the enhanced room is different to a standard room? Does it have a double bed?

Thanks
    Xx
    I think it depends. Usually its either recently refurbished, the room is larger or a bigger bed, which I think is a queen size. But it would be better to email the accommodation team. BTW what hall are you looking to stay at? I'm thinking on City Gateway, because its new and close to Highfield.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh okay!
    I've applied for glen eyre and wessex lane. Oh cool, those halls do look really nice! How much are they a week? X

ReputationRep:
    Anybody know what the internet speeds are like at glen eyre, wessex lane and mayflower? And do they offer wired (ethernet) connections? Having a decent internet connection is kind of important to me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrTomnus)
    Anybody know what the internet speeds are like at glen eyre, wessex lane and mayflower? And do they offer wired (ethernet) connections? Having a decent internet connection is kind of important to me...
    I know they have Ethernet sockets. They also say it's high speed, but need to this because I'm used to fibre optic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala121)
    I know they have Ethernet sockets. They also say it's high speed, but need to this because I'm used to fibre optic
    I have fibre internet too, and I'm certainly not going back! :P But with all those people using it I hope it's as fast as they quote...

Thanks for the info, I need ethernet sockets because my PC doesn't have a wireless card in it.

ReputationRep:
    I brought an ethernet cable from amazon, 5m for £2! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nkbarker176)
    Hi!

Thanks
    Xx
    Check this out http://virtualopenday.southampton.ac...s/ensuite-room

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrTomnus)

/late reply/
    I didn't stay at Glen, Wessex Lane or Mayflower (obviously) but as far as I know they all operate ethernet cables, which worked perfectly fine at my halls! Speed dropped slightly in the evenings and at night when most students were online, but it was only noticeable for me when I was streaming live TV, so it was much better than I accepted for halls with no wi-fi!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.