Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Has anyone ever thought about having laser eye surgery? :tongue:
Original post by qewrtyu

no tooo scared
Original post by qewrtyu

I'm sure I don t suit for the surgery. Also I am a higher risk factor anyway due to allergies and infection prone (and dry eyes as). Although it got much better this year after becoming more serious on my diet. Low sugar and less gluten vegan diet.
-4.25 for both. I like my glasses tho

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qewrtyu
Urgh I know only one person who has worse eyesight than me. Got a prescription of -7 :'(

Now you know of another, mine is +9 & +10.5
Reply 185
Original post by Kabloomybuzz

Are you long sighted?
Reply 186
Original post by xxvine
no tooo scared

Original post by Kathy89
I'm sure I don t suit for the surgery. Also I am a higher risk factor anyway due to allergies and infection prone (and dry eyes as). Although it got much better this year after becoming more serious on my diet. Low sugar and less gluten vegan diet.

Haha me too I'd be too scared of something going wrong and ending up blind...
Plus the thought of having a scalpel in my eye is slightly off putting
Original post by qewrtyu
Are you long sighted?

Yes
Reply 188
Guys just to let u know am -2 in each eye Obviously I need glasses but am short sighted only need them for driving really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 189
Yes

Wow so how far away does something have to be before you can see it without glasses :tongue:
Original post by Kathy89

wow can that help your eyes?
Reply 191
i used to reaaally want glasses now i cant stand them! i can barely see features of those 5m in front of me i cant see the tv guide i cant see the classrooms board without them it is soooo frustrating if i ever forget my glasses i am DOOMED

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qewrtyu
Wow so how far away does something have to be before you can see it without glasses :tongue:

I can't see anything clearly without glasses or contacts... at the point I would in theory be able to see something clearly, its too far away to focus on anyway

Did anyone suggested you progressive lenses or bi-focals to reduce the level of your hyperopia?
Original post by Kathy89
Did anyone suggested you progressive lenses or bi-focals to reduce the level of your hyperopia?

No, because that wouldn't help
Original post by xxvine
wow can that help your eyes?

Not only nutrition but healthy lifestyle in general will help a lot. Well my eyes are less dry, even in the winter when it is cold and they less tend to random infections and allergies.
I also improved my eyesight a bit by exercises but I am not claiming they are good for everyone and I myself am not that sure how they work (even being a 4th year optometry student doesnt really help understanding how they work).
Have myopia for 9 years and I have -4. :frown:
I've tried those night lenses that temporarily correct your vision and they stopped the evolution of my myopia for a couple years but they were too high maintanance and quite uncomfortable so I went back to normal contact lenses. That was 3 years ago and my myopia only rose with -0.50 since then so it was a good experiment also my corneea wasn't damaged thankfully.
Also, I look good in nerdy thick frame glasses :wink:
I just made my peace with it.
Original post by Kathy89
Not only nutrition but healthy lifestyle in general will help a lot. Well my eyes are less dry, even in the winter when it is cold and they less tend to random infections and allergies.
I also improved my eyesight a bit by exercises but I am not claiming they are good for everyone and I myself am not that sure how they work (even being a 4th year optometry student doesnt really help understanding how they work).

:smile:

Exercises as in normal exercise?
No, because that wouldn't help

In some cases it does. I am not claiming that in your case it will but maybe you are suitable for that too.
Most of the optometrists are not aware of the existence of many alternative (even completely scientific) methods of vision control and improvement.
Original post by xxvine
:smile:

Exercises as in normal exercise?

Eye exercises... like Bates method but a bit different.

Quick Reply

Latest