Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Help, I'm starting to look at unis and uni of leeds is my first choice and where I want to go but the course requires AAB. I feel like i will only have got ABBB and I don't see myself being able to bring that up to AAB at a2! Is there any chance that uni of leeds will still give me an offer or accept me? I'm just worried as there's no where else that does the course I want that's good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aslevelgirl17)
    Help, I'm starting to look at unis and uni of leeds is my first choice and where I want to go but the course requires AAB. I feel like i will only have got ABBB and I don't see myself being able to bring that up to AAB at a2! Is there any chance that uni of leeds will still give me an offer or accept me? I'm just worried as there's no where else that does the course I want that's good!
    I'm not sure of exactly how lenient the uni is, however there is always a chance that if you narrowly missed a uni, you may still get in. I'm told that since you will be fighting for places there, it will come down to your personal statement on top of the grades you have got. I guess you can at least make the best personal statement you can

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Was in a similar situation to you! I got ABBC - I went for an AAA course at Bath (accounting and finance) and got the offer - I had to ask my sixth form head to force up my predicted grades (admittedly I do much better in class than Bs so he was lenient) to get up to the required triple A. Plus I retook 4 exams alongside my A2, dropped the C and got AS further maths in A2.
    You can definitely get your offer, you just have to persuade your sixth form over your predicted grades. Then you have to prove to them that you're definitely willing to put in the work to boost your grades. And don't forget your personal statement -That's a fantastic indicator to unis alongside your predicted grades, so make sure its the best you can make it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry,

I applied to an ABB course at Leeds uni and in my AS levels I got BCD, I resat a load of exams the following January and dragged them up to AAB.

Just work hard and get the grades up, don't make the same mistake for your A2s... Leeds is worth it!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.