Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, my A Levels are done. I made the wrong choice to do Further Maths but I've finally got through it and survived.. just. I'm probably going to get a B in Maths, E in F.Maths and Distinction* in ICT which equates to around 280-320 UCAS points. I had my 5 offers to do Computer Science and was edging towards UWE until I found their syllabus is highly dominated by AI, which I hate. I then lost interest and rejected all my offers. Now I am here.

I want to do a course that involved computers, I like the idea of Computer Science but I'm just not sure.. Failing that I'm keen on business and that type of thing. Anyone got any advice? Please!

ReputationRep:
    Hi connordavey,

If you want to do computer science bare in mind that you're going to encounter AI at some point. Since you enjoy business too, why don't you try and look for courses that offer Computer Science and Business Management or something along those lines. I'm sure there are courses like this. Additionally, if you're going to do computer science, make sure you can program a little. The university will teach you but when it comes to coursework you'll be doing a lot of it on your own, so maybe invest some of your time in learning and understanding the basics of programming. It will help a lot in the first year.

But yeah, when choosing which course, just look at all the specs for each course and then choose the best one for you. Also, its not only the course, take into account the university i.e. does it fit you?

Good luck mate.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.