Yes
    0%
    No
    100.00%

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...-the-euro.html

Should the UK join the Euro

ReputationRep:
    I don't think that article should be taken as gospel, there is no mention of that being absolutely the case.

But I don't think we should adopt the Euro. The Pound Sterling is fairly strong and I would not like to have to rely on other Eurozone countries for the strength of our currency.

ReputationRep:
    I read the article and think the headline is misleading. He is basically saying all other EU members will join the Euro and the UK will have a choice to follow them or remain out and be pushed into a European Economic Area (which is what most Euro-sceptics want).
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    'No'

Ignoring the question of whether i'd want to join the European core, the fact that the currencies are not at parity and the EU has no mutual debt issuance make it something i don't fancy at this time.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't like the idea of tying lots of individual and vastly different economies together with a single currency. It just seems like a road to disaster to me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.