Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Deodorant only works on me for half a day... Watch

I put deodorant on every morning. When I am at work I always get quite sweaty (it's a desk job hahah) and by about 2:30pm I start to smell a bit and I keep catching a whiff of my body odor, and it gets worse as time goes on. I normally come home feeling clammy and sweaty, and smell a bit.

I have a special deodorant that I put on my armpits but it stings and irritates the skin if I use it too often. I have tried both roll on and spray deodorants but I still seem to smell in the afternoon.

Obviously one idea is to go and put some more deodorant on at lunch, but I don't really want to be doing that every day.

Any tips?

ReputationRep:
    Antiperspirant?
    Keeping cool (mini fan)?
    Keep a spray bottle next to you so, if you get too hot, give yourself a slight spray?
    Wear a short sleeved shirt?
    Put a bottle of water in the freezer overnight?

Just a few small tips?

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, a good tip:

Take off your shoes, the body loses a lot of its heat through your feet. =l

ReputationRep:
    Apply deodorant at night before you sleep and then again in the morning.Make sure to wear light fabrics like cotton so your skin can "breathe".

ReputationRep:
    The stronger antiperspirant that I think you're referring to (driclor? that's what I use) that blocks your pores should be used sparingly or it can irritate. You don't need to glob it on like you would a normal antiperspirant, put a little bit on and spread it around with your fingers, then wash them. I use it on by armpits and I had to gradually build up my usage of it slowly, only using it once a week at first.

If it's still irritating, see your GP, as they might be able to give you something gentler.

(Original post by Philbert)
    The stronger antiperspirant that I think you're referring to (driclor? that's what I use) that blocks your pores should be used sparingly or it can irritate. You don't need to glob it on like you would a normal antiperspirant, put a little bit on and spread it around with your fingers, then wash them. I use it on by armpits and I had to gradually build up my usage of it slowly, only using it once a week at first.

If it's still irritating, see your GP, as they might be able to give you something gentler.
    It's not driclor but it's similar. It's not just my underarms either. I just seem to be hot and sticky all over, even when it's not that hot in the office.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.