Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you work in a bullying culture? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Should we just accept that bullies rule the roost?

How do you challenge bullies? Some of them are very clever.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of people in my workplace are very manipulating. I work in care, let me tell you considering it is supposed to be a 'caring' line of work, it's far from it with regards to staff and 'team work' which mostly seems to be non-existent. I've worked for various companies I've come across bullies and two-faced, manipulative staff members.

I just can't understand how people could bully their colleague (or anyone for that matter) especially considering in some fields of work they have to work closely together and support each other. Bullying baffles me.

ReputationRep:
    It infuriates me that people are allowed to get away with it, and if you start quoting the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, or the Equality Act 2010, they look at you as if you're some kind of alien.

Most workplaces don't want to know about bullying.

Perceived or real bullying is present in many working environments. Big business talks about its values and morality in the workplace but behind closed doors its very different. Little tin pot managers run their own little sweat shops, browbeating and covertly bullying their underlings in order to subjugate them and ensure they they, the manager survives for if they do not take the lash to their underlings, there might be consequences.

http://www.workplacebullying.co.uk/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.