Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been offered a conditional place at Reading to study zoology this year, but would now like to defer and take a gap year to get some work experience. Should I request this now or wait and see if I get the required grades first? If I get the grades is it likely that they will allow me to defer or will I have to re-apply in 2015?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzieA)
    I have been offered a conditional place at Reading to study zoology this year, but would now like to defer and take a gap year to get some work experience. Should I request this now or wait and see if I get the required grades first? If I get the grades is it likely that they will allow me to defer or will I have to re-apply in 2015?
    **Please note, this account is also being used by current Student Ambassadors at The University of Reading**

Hiya!
    We've asked the admissions team and they said that you can defer either before or after getting your grades. You won't need to reapply in 2015 if you get your required grades and then defer. They suggested that it may be easier to defer now before getting your grades to give the admissions team as much time as possible to process your request, but it's up to you! You can contact admissions at [email protected] if you have any specific questions! I hope that helps
    Anja
    English Literature and International Relations

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Anja - that's really helpful
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LizzieA)
    Thank you Anja - that's really helpful
    You're very welcome! Good luck
    Anja

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.