Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are this girls intentions? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I recently met a girl online, but she is also local to me and I have seen her out and about and stuff, but we don't know each other personally. Well, what happened is I started basically trolling her online, and she didn't know who I was, but carried on talking to me, and eventually I told her who I was and we exchanged numbers and stuff, and started texting each other and chatting on FB. We talk on text and FB all day long, sometimes into the early hours. Our backgrounds and things we have been through are very similar, and she has told me so much about her life and what she is currently going through, etc. She has basically confided so much stuff in me. Now when I was trolling her, and also once we started talking seriously I told her twice that I like her and I want to hang out with her. She has kind of brushed it off and has stated that she hates relationships and stuff like that because of how bad her ex was. She will kind of brush off any hint at anything intimate, but will keep asking questions that warrant that kind of response.

She has many male friends I know this for a fact, so i expect she talks to other guys, but it is the fact she spends so much time on me that makes me think there is more in her mind than just friendship? For instance there are quite a few times, I have just wrote a text or a FB reply that doesn't warrant a response like 'Oh. Okay' and she will still always come back with a response. She NEVER forgets to text or reply back to me even if it's from the day before, and she is never longer than an hour replying to my messages. She is very busy and going through a lot of stress and stuff at the moment, yet she is always talking to me and filling me in on each detail of her life.

What's the deal here girls? Is she just someone that's over-friendly? Or does she like me or what?

ReputationRep:
    i believe she could just be being friendly, however i must admit there is a certain someone i act like this towards and i tend not to meet with him and such because i am in a 'its complicated' situation with someone else. find out if she is involved with anyone at all, might clear things up? if not be a man! ask her what is the deal! it puts us on our toes, and as she always answers your guaranteed an answer right!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChannieB)
    i believe she could just be being friendly, however i must admit there is a certain someone i act like this towards and i tend not to meet with him and such because i am in a 'its complicated' situation with someone else. find out if she is involved with anyone at all, might clear things up? if not be a man! ask her what is the deal! it puts us on our toes, and as she always answers your guaranteed an answer right!?
    Well I was gonna phone her up and speak to her about it the other day, but she said she can't do phone calls due to her anxiety issues, she's too nervous. She is not involved with anyone, she split up with her ex 2 years ago. However, she is in a bit of situation at the moment that might mean it's difficult for her to get involved with someone, it's not to do with a boyfriend/love interest though.

Yes she always answers, but never straight up answers to do with intimate things, like she'll kind of hint at something and then go 'But you know me, I'm no good at this relationship lark' or something like that, then change the subject.

ReputationRep:
    She's probably just being friendly, don't get your hopes up too much.

I also talk to guys online and I've made it clear I'm not taking it any further

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    From another female she actually confuses me! it would be best to do it as a phone conversation. But maybe try as a text although itll be much harder, but it is the only thing to do then i guess! start of by saying i want to ask you something serious?

can i just get this strait...you see each other on the street? and around town? but she cannot answer the phone call??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingislosing)
    She's probably just being friendly, don't get your hopes up too much.

I also talk to guys online and I've made it clear I'm not taking it any further

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol. I'm not getting any hopes up at all. I am genuinely quite relaxed about this.

In fact, I'm actually surprised she even gave me her number and talked to me at all after the way I spoke to her and stuff.

ReputationRep:
    Stop wasting your time. Online girls are just like the girls you see in real life. If you're not a top 20% male, forget it. Anything that does happen will break down awfully quickly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChannieB)
    From another female she actually confuses me! it would be best to do it as a phone conversation. But maybe try as a text although itll be much harder, but it is the only thing to do then i guess! start of by saying i want to ask you something serious?

can i just get this strait...you see each other on the street? and around town? but she cannot answer the phone call??
    No we don't see each other. We have some mutual friends and have been to a few of the same places. That's how I saw her online through mutual friends, but we have never actually met in person. She is staying in another town at the moment as well, about two hours away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstraction)
    Stop wasting your time. Online girls are just like the girls you see in real life. If you're not a top 20% male, forget it. Anything that does happen will break down awfully quickly.
    Yeah but she's not some girl from an obscure town 300 miles away that it would be impossible to be with. Her family live like around the corner from me. I know a few of her close friends etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoshibuster)
    Lol. I'm not getting any hopes up at all. I am genuinely quite relaxed about this.

In fact, I'm actually surprised she even gave me her number and talked to me at all after the way I spoke to her and stuff.
    Her intentions were probably just to be friendly or have someone to chat with when bored then

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lovingislosing)
    Her intentions were probably just to be friendly or have someone to chat with when bored then

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well yeah I thought that too, but its been weeks now and she's still going. Also why does she keep talking to me so personally about her life and what's happening with her right now? Real personal stuff she's told me in detail, and she always makes sure to update me about these happenings. I mean even just now I've ended our conversation for tonight because I'm tired by saying 'goodnight' after she put she was going to sleep, and she's replied again. Is this just a super super friendly girl or what?

ReputationRep:
    Well yeah I thought that too, but its been weeks now and she's still going. Also why does she keep talking to me so personally about her life and what's happening with her right now? Real personal stuff she's told me in detail, and she always makes sure to update me about these happenings. I mean even just now I've ended our conversation for tonight because I'm tired by saying 'goodnight' after she put she was going to sleep, and she's replied again. Is this just a super super friendly girl or what?
    She might like you, who knows?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I recently met a girl online, but she is also local to me and I have seen her out and about and stuff, but we don't know each other personally. Well, what happened is I started basically trolling her online, and she didn't know who I was, but carried on talking to me, and eventually I told her who I was and we exchanged numbers and stuff, and started texting each other and chatting on FB. We talk on text and FB all day long, sometimes into the early hours. Our backgrounds and things we have been through are very similar, and she has told me so much about her life and what she is currently going through, etc. She has basically confided so much stuff in me. Now when I was trolling her, and also once we started talking seriously I told her twice that I like her and I want to hang out with her. She has kind of brushed it off and has stated that she hates relationships and stuff like that because of how bad her ex was. She will kind of brush off any hint at anything intimate, but will keep asking questions that warrant that kind of response.

She has many male friends I know this for a fact, so i expect she talks to other guys, but it is the fact she spends so much time on me that makes me think there is more in her mind than just friendship? For instance there are quite a few times, I have just wrote a text or a FB reply that doesn't warrant a response like 'Oh. Okay' and she will still always come back with a response. She NEVER forgets to text or reply back to me even if it's from the day before, and she is never longer than an hour replying to my messages. She is very busy and going through a lot of stress and stuff at the moment, yet she is always talking to me and filling me in on each detail of her life.

What's the deal here girls? Is she just someone that's over-friendly? Or does she like me or what?
    #friendzoned
    Trust me... we've all been there

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.