Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Poll: Leonardo di Caprio or Will Smith, who do you think has had the best career ...? Watch

• View Poll Results: Who, out of Leo and Will, do you think has had the best career?
    Leonardo di Caprio
    60.87%
    Will Smith
    39.13%

ReputationRep:
    Leo best performances: Inception, Wolf of Wall Street, Titanic, Romeo and Juliet (only ones I've seen)

Will's best performances: I Robot, Independence Day, Hitch, Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Will has had a successful Music, TV and Film career.
    Leo has arguably been in better movies.

Your choice.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    leonardo :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Who?

ReputationRep:
    Di Caprio. End thread.

iRobot; I Am Legend; Pursuit of Happiness, Independence Day - all sucked

Wolf of Wall Street; The Departed; Gangs of New York; Shutter Island; Django - good films by good directors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilypear)
    leonardo :drool:
    ... o.O

ReputationRep:
    Love them both as actors, but Will Smith shades it. His performances in Seven Pounds, I am Legend, Fresh Prince and hancock were fantastic and he's such a likeable celebrity. Di Caprio deserves an oscar, though.

ReputationRep:
    Will Smith. More diverse. Bigger draw on pop culture. Bigger in terms of all time film gross (source)

ReputationRep:
    Don't like Will Smith. Or his kids - despise Jaden...

So Leonardo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brit_Miller)
    Love them both as actors, but Will Smith shades it. His performances in Seven Pounds, I am Legend, Fresh Prince and hancock were fantastic and he's such a likeable celebrity. Di Caprio deserves an oscar, though.
    :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Will Smith. More diverse. Bigger draw on pop culture. Bigger in terms of all time film gross (source)
    His roles are mostly crap. Less respected. Because he appears in rubbish blockbusters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdamCee)
    Don't like Will Smith. Or his kids - despise Jaden...

So Leonardo
    Jaden has too much swag for you. :giggle:
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    Best Career has nothing to do with being the better actor. Will Smith's films have grossed about $500million more than LDC's, and along with Fresh Prince's success that means Will has had the better career (Although Titanic and Inception make it a close call).

In terms of better actor, it is a close one, but I would say Leo DiCaprio (again, although Smith is incredible).

LDC has produced fewer annoying offspring though (Willow and Jaden), so I give it to him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)
    His roles are mostly crap. Less respected. Because he appears in rubbish blockbusters
    If they were rubbish they wouldn't have earned so much at the global box office.

And he has more strings to his bow. He's done tv, he's done music... Ever heard DiCaprio rap?
    Smith is also a more important character in terms of social prominence with being such a highly regarded black actor.

Everybody says DiCaprio should have won an oscar and they're right, Catch Me If You Can is a great film and one of my favourites, but they forget that Smith should have won an oscar for Ali and has done other equally important and worthy biographical films like Pursuit of Happiness.

They're both fine actors. But Smith has more, imo.

ReputationRep:
    DiCaprio.

Will Smith starred in and produced After Earth.
    Enough said.

ReputationRep:
    If they were rubbish they wouldn't have earned so much at the global box office.

And he has more strings to his bow. He's done tv, he's done music... Ever heard DiCaprio rap?
    Smith is also a more important character in terms of social prominence with being such a highly regarded black actor.

Everybody says DiCaprio should have won an oscar and they're right, Catch Me If You Can is a great film and one of my favourites, but they forget that Smith should have won an oscar for Ali and has done other equally important and worthy biographical films like Pursuit of Happiness.

Twilight earned loads at the global box office, doesn't mean they are good films.

ReputationRep:

1) sales don't equal quality. the avengers made far more money than the godfather did.
    2) will smith was a mediocre rapper. no fan of rap would put him 'up there'. Id rather be a great actor like di caprio than mediocre at everything
    3) highly regarded black actor? so what you are suggesting is that part of smith's popularity is due to his race and not the man himself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h3isenberg)
    Twilight earned loads at the global box office, doesn't mean they are good films.
    Hard to argue against...

"Admired by some" might be a more appropriate choice of words.

And films are an art form and all art is subjective. Quantifying one over another is largely a fools' game.

ReputationRep:
    DiCaprio because he seems committed to his artistic integrity, unlike will, who looks for a quick buck at every opportunity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    LD has the best films but WS has charisma which a lot of actors seem to lack these days. They both have fantastic careers so I don't think I could pick between the two.

ReputationRep:
    Leonardo is just amazing in everything he's in. Utterly mesmerising in Gatsby.

Will Smith's good too but he always seems to keep to the same type of movies.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.