x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it rape if... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Both parties are equally drunk?

Just a question, I'm not in trouble myself

ReputationRep:
    I guess that would be mutual rape?

It would be the same as, for example, 2 underage people having sex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnusFiles)

Looks like you're in for some jail time :giggle:

ReputationRep:

Why did you do it? You disgusting human being. You should be thoroughly ashamed of you life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Friendly Liberal)
    Looks like you're in for some jail time :giggle:
    Don't worry I'm white

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JAIYEKO)
    Why did you do it? You disgusting human being. You should be thoroughly ashamed of you life
    I knew she wanted it

ReputationRep:
    No its not rape, if both parties consented then it is all good.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry I'm white
    Oooh ..

I'd say no, I mean if both were drunk and didn't know any better at the time. But of course, the guy will get the blame and be charged with rape while the girl gets away...

Just saying..

ReputationRep:

Drunk sex != rape. If both parties are intoxicated to such an extent that they don't have enough control over themselves to be able to consent to sex, I'd suggest it'd be impossible for them to have sex.

If neither consent, it can't happen.

ReputationRep:
    Feminists will have you believe that regretting it afterwards is rape, oh and staring is sexual assault.
    No its not rape, rape is forcing yourself on someone else. If it was consensual then its 100% not rape. If either of you regret it it still isnt rape.
    Just dont get that drunk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjm600)
    Drunk sex != rape. If both parties are intoxicated to such an extent that they don't have enough control over themselves to be able to consent to sex, I'd suggest it'd be impossible for them to have sex.

How can 2 people have sex while being drunk be rape? and whos raping who? Im guessing you'll say its always the man? What about if its 2 drunk girls? Whos raping who then?

ReputationRep:
    If both parties are equally drunk it can be rape, just like one sober person can rape another sober person.

However if one person is calling rape purely based on the fact they were drunk or cannot remember the act then it's not rape, just someone got too intoxicated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jabire3)
    Oooh ..

I'd say no, I mean if both were drunk and didn't know any better at the time. But of course, the guy will get the blame and be charged with rape while the girl gets away...

Just saying..
    I'm not racist myself, but we all know how the legal system works...

ReputationRep:

Not true. I had sex with sober people while I was barely able to string a sentence together

ReputationRep:
    Any lawyers here?

ReputationRep:

When the police started their whole "drunk sex = rape" campaign my ex GF quite frequently argued how it was not fair that as a man I was allowed to have drunk sex, but as soon as a woman has drunk sex it's seen as rape.

ReputationRep:
    If neither parties agree, nor disagree, does that make it a double negative? or a double positive? That means you did rape her, you are a sick human being.

ReputationRep:
    I seriously hope this is all a big joke
    first of all the op never said he had drunk sex
    secondly drunk sex is not rape if its consensual, unless one of the two people are so off their heads they literally cant say no, or do say no, or they are too drunk to get undressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EatAndRevise)
    If neither parties agree, nor disagree, does that make it a double negative? or a double positive? That means you did rape her, you are a sick human being.
    actually rape laws are quite contradictory....

To be rape it relies on any reasonable person to be aware the individual does not consent.

However lack of consent does not automatically equate to rape or not rape, the only action that would be rape with no other context would be rejection of sex in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, any insertion of the penis into the vagina/anus that was not consented to is rape regardless of the state of both participants were in at the time.

Obviously if they had a gun held to their heads and told 'have sex' it's different but when does that happen?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.