Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Don't really get my girlfriend Watch

My girlfriend had been living with me for several months as she was studying in my city, but since there's nothing left apart from handing in her dissertation, she decided to return home. I haven't really seen her much in the last month and can't really visit her place since I'm working during the week days.

One morning, she texts me letting me know that she's meeting up with a friend of hers in my city. At this point, I'm thinking maybe we can hang out during the weekend or something if she planned on staying an extra day. But I'm probably hoping for too much since I find out later...

"Heading back after dinner"

I don't really get it. Maybe it's because I'm looking at it from the perspective of what I'd do, but if the journey already cost me £20-25 to come over... I guess she was probably working on saturday or something. Just feel disappointed with it all really.

ReputationRep:
    There is something wrong! seems like you may have upset her in some way ask her if everything is ok! sounds strange, you haven't seen each other in a month! and she comes to see a friend and not even a pop in to see you! sounds fishy! she should not have even told you she was coming down. maybe she wanted you to ask instead of her asking?? but again really strange!

ReputationRep:
    Ask her why she did not want to see you while she was in the vicinity

ReputationRep:
    That does sound quite worrying, have you considered asking her?
    Something is definitely off, but only through talking it out - that you will both reach a conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    She wants you to talk to her. That's why she's told you she's in London whilst letting you know simultaneously that she isn't seeing you whilst here.

Unfortunately with a lot of girls, you have to play the game, and let her feel like she's in control haha.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like others have said, it seems like something's bothering her, but she may be being passive aggressive and instead of just confronting you saying "hey you did/said x one day, it upset me", she's not talking about it and wants you to guess and be a mind reader.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Long distance rarely works. Unless you have plans to join each other again then id write her off as a poor investment.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.