Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I am updating my CV in order for me to start applying for a part time job, you know - to make my life financially bearable while at university.

I've uploaded a picture to show you, I feel very strange putting down the degree on my CV even though I am not due to start it until September.

The reason I am considering including it is because I am going to be applying for jobs now, and would probably move up there quite a while before term starts. So I want the employers to know the reason.

In fact, do employers care? Will the term time address by itself do?

I'd appreciate some useful advice.

Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Looks good to me. Aim for bar work, tour guiding at your uni, cafe work and promo/leafletting work. Also look out for random events that your uni hosts such as conferences and functions that require setting stalls up or manning buffets or waiting staff. Little jobs add up to more than a Pot Noodle!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.