Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Are these good GCSEs for grammar sixth form? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm doing my GCSEs now and I want to go to a grammar sixth form are these options alright?

Triple Science
    Geography
    Citizenship
    Art and Design
    Religious Education

Expected grades for Geography, Citizenship, Art and RE are at least a B.
    I'm predicted to get an A or A* for Maths and the same for science and I'm predicted to get at least a B in English. I'm aware I haven't chosen a language, which I'm worried ma put me at a disadvantage. I didn't have a choice on what language I could study I would of preferred to do French but I ended up with Urdu, if I did Urdu I would probably end up with a C and I thought it was better to get a better grade in a subject I enjoy and am good at.

For A levels I want to study:
    Maths
    Physics
    Chemistry
    Biology

Please can you tell me if I have a chance on getting into a grammar school with these subjects and grades.
    Thanks for reading.

ReputationRep:
    look at their entry requirements, I've just finished sixth form at a grammar after moving from a comp - the entry requirements weren't bad, different ones for each subject - As in the sciences to be studied in AS and A in maths - A* for further etc
    I don't think it matters too much what subjects you're doing just the grades so check out the entry requirements for the grammar schools you're looking at and go from there

ReputationRep:
    I've go to a grammar school and there are a few people with similar grades to those above, so I say you should be fine, dependent on the school.

ReputationRep:
    Well the entry requirements for the grammar sixth form I'll be attending are As and A*s in the subjects you have chosen to study for A level and your entry requirements can't be much different, so you should be fine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.