Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Not sure which modules to choose for my final year... Watch

ReputationRep:
    So I am going into my final year of law school this September. I'm able to choose all 6 of my modules for the final year and these are my current picks: Semester 1: Family Law, Human Rights Law, Law, Gender & Sexuality
    Semester 2: Medical Law/Consumer Law, Insurance Law, Law, Literature and Art
    I also want to study Evidence, Advocacy, International law (they sound interesting) - basically, I am spoilt for choice.
    The above 6 are my current choices. But I don't like insurance. The only reason I am choosing it is for future career prospects. Insurance may be more beneficial than say, Art Law. But the latter I would actually enjoy studying.
    The question is, when do we draw the Line between enjoyment and study?
    Do we take into account our future prospects when studying our law degree or do we just pick what we enjoy, do well, and then focus on our career options from the choices we made during our final year?
    I'm just in a bit of a predicament at the moment, would appreciate some insight!

most importantly, I want to secure the high 2:1-1st...
    Thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    Just go with the one you enjoy , emr no go with the one good for future career or maybe you put them in pot and pick 6 of them

ReputationRep:
    Do the subjects that you will enjoy the most and will get the best grades in. Your choice of modules is unlikely to have a massive impact on your future career, as you can always learn new areas of law if you need to. Your degree classification does make a massive difference though, so you should go with the modules that you will enjoy more and do better in over ones that you will not enjoy and may score lower in as a result.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.