Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Would you date a girl with a scar on her face? Watch

Would you date a girl that had a very noticeable scar on her face which couldn't be improved upon with surgery etc? Have you ever found a girl with a noticeable scar attractive? I'm talking about hypertrophic/keloid type of scars

ReputationRep:
    Depends if she was attractive. A scar doesn't make anyone less attractive. It's like having a scratch on a Ferrari - The car is still a Ferrari and I would still want one even if it were scratched.

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask about it

ReputationRep:
    I'd ask her to cover the scar with her hand.

ReputationRep:
    If I liked her, then yes. Of course I would.

ReputationRep:
    It's about personality not looks. Has you get older your looks will fade, but your true personality will never change

ReputationRep:
    If she is pretty and has a nice personality, then sure. The scar wouldn't be an issue

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodland96)
    It's about personality not looks. Has you get older your looks will fade, but your true personality will never change
    Thats so true and sweet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    An old classmate of mine had the scars that you described. She was a nice person. Attractive too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Woodland96)
    This.

That's a really sweet way of putting it

ReputationRep:
    Scars are a part of our past, and so a part of us.
    To me, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and scars, and all shapes and forms won't change my opinion about anyone.
    I have seen beautiful young women and handsome guys with scars. It takes nothing away, but adds a story.
    But of course, I would need to talk to her to decide if I liked her and if she is truely beautiful inside and out. (starts with personality).

-Just a guys thoughts

ReputationRep:
    It's all about their personality for me, not their looks. So yes.

ReputationRep:
    I knew a girl who didn't have a scar, but quite a large birthmark just by her eye. She was absolutely beautiful, with or without the birthmark.

Why is it always about what BOYS want

ReputationRep:
    The fact you're even bothered about something like this beyond what she's like as a person suggests she could probably do better than you...

(Original post by TaciturnPhantom)
    An old classmate of mine had the scars that you described. She was a nice person. Attractive too.
    Wow really, on her face? I've never met anyone else with those types of scars on their face. Was she confident though? Did the scars seem to affect her?

(Original post by JC.)
    The fact you're even bothered about something like this beyond what she's like as a person suggests she could probably do better than you...
    I'm a female with a scar on my face, not a guy. I asked this because I wanted to know if any guy would actually ever consider dating me because of the scar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Wow really, on her face? I've never met anyone else with those types of scars on their face. Was she confident though? Did the scars seem to affect her?
    Yea, she did. She was the most popular person in the class and was very friendly and bold. No one cared about her scars and she didn't care either. The scars didn't affect her.

ReputationRep:
    Sure.
    the scar wouldn't be an issue at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a female with a scar on my face, not a guy. I asked this because I wanted to know if any guy would actually ever consider dating me because of the scar.
    Understood.
    I still stand by what I said, though. Anyone who is shallow enough for such a thing to be a deal breaker isn't good enough for you anyway.

My other half is my best friend. It wouldn't and doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me what she looks like.

In reality, as you get older looks fade anyway. You should choose a partner based on what you have in common and the amount of fun you have together. You don't sit and stare at one another - you talk. If you can't talk what is there?

Short answer? Don't worry about it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 10, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.