Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is there a blood test to find out my original ancestory???? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been told that I should start thinking about my future, so I've decided to a place where I've originated ethinically wise. I'm Pakistani in ethnicity, however the place and my people are said to have north caucasus roots, if this is true i wouldn't mind going abroad to georgia etc, is there a way to check where my original ancestory (e.g 500 years old) may have come from? thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah google it there's clinics that do DNA tests and tell you what percentages of what you have

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's that got to do with thinking about your future? :/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah not sure what that has to do with your future... 500 years ago is quite a long time past.

Don't need blood for that. Get a DNA test. https://www.23andme.com/

ReputationRep:
    i'm moving to the country of my origin

ReputationRep:
    You can get a Deal test through saliva ando hair
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soso2)
    (Original post by Soso2)
    I'm Pakistani in ethnicity
    problem solved.
    but seriously: IMO searching like that are worthless; it doesn't matter wherever your ancestors were from.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soso2)
    Why? If you need this test then you don't even know where it is/ anyone there (presumably).
    Seems like a pretty big life decision to be basing on an unknown variable. What if you have more than one?

I can't figure out if this is a really weird troll post or just a genuinely stupid topic. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soso2)
    I've been told that I should start thinking about my future, so I've decided to a place where I've originated ethinically wise. I'm Pakistani in ethnicity, however the place and my people are said to have north caucasus roots, if this is true i wouldn't mind going abroad to georgia etc, is there a way to check where my original ancestory (e.g 500 years old) may have come from? thanks
    We're all related to each other, it's just a question of how far back you want to draw your line and claim as your 'origins'. No matter who you are you have human ancestors who were from Africa.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.