Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I have done AS Level but, not satisfied. I got Biology= D, Chem= E and waiting for maths results. These are my overall AS Level grades.

I am going to begin with a professional accounting qualification ACCA.

Should I do A2?Are there chances for me to get better results on the whole at ALEVEL.? Pls help

ReputationRep:
    Well you can resit and get better grades
    I`ve heard tons of stories on TSR of people who got E`s and U`s and got A`s overall dont worry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    I have done AS Level but, not satisfied. I got Biology= D, Chem= E and waiting for maths results. These are my overall AS Level grades.

Should I do A2?Are there chances for me to get better results on the whole at ALEVEL.? Pls help
    How do you know your grades already?
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troytheboy)
    How do you know your grades already?
    I did chem and bio on jan and math on june this session so waiting for maths results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)

You would need to do lots of retakes to do better at A2 and I'd be inclined to say that unless either you had mitigating circumstances this year or didn't try your best and are wiling to try harder then maybe A-Levels aren't for you.
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    You would need to do lots of retakes to do better at A2 and I'd be inclined to say that unless either you had mitigating circumstances this year or didn't try your best and are wiling to try harder then maybe A-Levels aren't for you.
    Then is there any alternatives? I am gonna begin ACCA accounting professional qualification?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sena5)
    Then is there any alternatives? I am gonna begin ACCA accounting professional qualification?
    Some people do better in Btecs instead but if your doing ACCA do you need A-Levels?
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    Some people do better in Btecs instead but if your doing ACCA do you need A-Levels?
    ACCA is an accounting professional qualification we can do rather than a degree route.
    It has 14 papers to complete with 3 levels. If you have O/L you can do foundation level of ACCA and get exempted from the first level, 3 papers of ACCA and proceed with the rest.If you have ALevel you go from the first level directly. But, both are the same because getting exempted from the first level. It's cool.

Btec maybe for people who find ALevel hard. ACCA is a professional qualification not to replace ALEVEL.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.