Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just made this Sporcle quiz to test my knowledge / memory of RAF stations.

http://www.sporcle.com/games/danwarby/raf-stations

Please give it a go, share your results and highlight any errors to me in my descriptions or spelling, or any stations I may have missed out.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Are you a Russian spy ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Old_Simon)
    Are you a Russian spy ?
    can neither confirm or deny

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm that RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus is by far the best posting world wide for any of the three services.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    I can confirm that RAF Akrotiri in Cyprus is by far the best posting world wide for any of the three services.
    Not even close to being the best! Some Trades and Branches have some quite fantastic postings in some far flung corners. Not as many as there used to be of course (there was a RAFLO Hawaii for many years).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProStacker)
    Not even close to being the best! Some Trades and Branches have some quite fantastic postings in some far flung corners. Not as many as there used to be of course (there was a RAFLO Hawaii for many years).
    Why does this revelation not surprise me. lol. Typical RAF. It must be coincidence a lot of "training" goes on just outside Las Vegas

ReputationRep:
    My Dad was in Belize for a while, loved it there.

Also ProStack, take the quiz! (Applied for Logistics Officer a couple of weeks ago btw)

ReputationRep:
    There is no way in hell you can describe Benbecula as being in/near Inverness.

And, to be honest, aside from knowing the names to throw out there, knowing the RRH is a bit much. Nice to know, ofc, but don't sweat them. Know the stations relevant to your branch and the MOBs.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    Why does this revelation not surprise me. lol. Typical RAF. It must be coincidence a lot of "training" goes on just outside Las Vegas
    Vegas has been a burden of the RAF for many years. A very good friend of mine was the RAFLO there until last year. He did work VERY hard, which was nice.

The RAF tend to not want to trash places - hence why they are allowed to the nice ones! I took a good Army WO friend of mine to a Joint Air Force base in the Gulf a while back. He commented that it was obvious the Army never went there as it was all too civilized and pleasant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    There is no way in hell you can describe Benbecula as being in/near Inverness.

And, to be honest, aside from knowing the names to throw out there, knowing the RRH is a bit much. Nice to know, ofc, but don't sweat them. Know the stations relevant to your branch and the MOBs.
    Yeh kind of just stumbled across them and its just stuck in my head I guess ha! My Scottish knowledge is lacking it seems :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Vegas has been a burden of the RAF for many years. A very good friend of mine was the RAFLO there until last year. He did work VERY hard, which was nice.

The RAF tend to not want to trash places - hence why they are allowed to the nice ones! I took a good Army WO friend of mine to a Joint Air Force base in the Gulf a while back. He commented that it was obvious the Army never went there as it was all too civilized and pleasant
    All banter aside in my experience the RAF look after themselves and their guys far far better than the Army do. I regret to say that even extends to the RAF Regiment.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What time of year is the worst for students?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.