Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Met a while ago at a political meet, when he said he liked me a lot, I was amazing etc. Later on we became FB friends and he always used to send loads of Xs and also say he liked me and if I liked him.
    Then he invited me to go for a picnic in the city last week, we agreed a day and etc. Talked intermittently the week before, him asking if I liked him again.
    Then the day before we were meant to meet I asked if it was still happening or? pretty casually and he never replied (saw it the next day).

Very curious on opinions on why this guy may have acted like he did. :confused: It confuses me muchly.

P.S. before anyone suggests so this guy is actually very sweet and not at all player like so that would not be a reason..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Met a while ago at a political meet, when he said he liked me a lot, I was amazing etc. Later on we became FB friends and he always used to send loads of Xs and also say he liked me and if I liked him.
    Then he invited me to go for a picnic in the city last week, we agreed a day and etc. Talked intermittently the week before, him asking if I liked him again.
    Then the day before we were meant to meet I asked if it was still happening or? pretty casually and he never replied (saw it the next day).

Very curious on opinions on why this guy may have acted like he did. :confused: It confuses me muchly.

P.S. before anyone suggests so this guy is actually very sweet and not at all player like so that would not be a reason..
    A guy did that to me back in April, makes you feel like **** but I just said to myself 'I've lived 18 years without him, I think I'll manage just fine'.

I don't know why he did it, he was so sweet and I actually thought he was different but apparently not. He asked me out for drinks and postponed it and I asked him if he still wanted to meet up, he never replied and I left him because I'm not going to chase someone who doesn't want me.

My advice is, just leave it, hurts like hell but you'll learn to get over it.

ReputationRep:
    Cold feet? sometimes it seems like a good idea and you're well up for it, then when the times comes you kinda well bottle it...

See weird thing is withing an hour of posting this, he messaged saying sorry he hadn't seen it. I said no worries, to which he replied that he'd like to see me this week - and yet again he hasn't messaged this week o.o
    It just weirds me out as he is the one who keeps suggesting it, I'm literally not being pushy in the slightest....
    Never met someone who acted like this

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.