Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eating three meals and three liquid meals ?? Watch

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/get-...r-phase-1.html

Im thinking of following the above programme for mass gain however, he says I should eat 3 liquid meals which I dont think its actually worth it or pretty healthy ? Will the nutrition programme help increase mass or is he just advertising to sell the Muscle Pharm products, he is wearing a MP shirt.

???

ReputationRep:
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with liquid meals such as mass gainer shakes but you can tell this guy is sponsored by MP and just trying to sell a ridiculous amount of supps etc. I would recommend at least 4 proper 'whole food' meals and 1 or maybe 2 mass gainer shakes. A great mass gainer shake in my opinion is pro complex gainer by ON so I would rate that higher than MP for sure. This has 650 calories per serving with some good macros so a great way to increase your calories if you're trying to gain weight. Hope this helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think don't take advice from someone who's trying to sell you something is a good rule in life. Anyone sponsored is required to (often somewhat subtly) sell the companies ****. Looking at the list of supplements this guy is suggesting he ain't so subtle.

I CBA reading the full thing so assumptions on what it's claiming based on a skim. How many meals you eat a day is personal preference, if you like two big meals do that, it won't effect your gains. Liquid 'meals' can be useful if you struggle to eat enough but what you need to get is a blender not some powder, it'll be cheaper and have the same effect.

You don't need 50% of your calories to come from protein, that's excessive and not based on any research. Research says more 1g per kg of bodyweight is plenty. You can get more of your calories from protein if you want, so long as you are still getting enough fat and carbs, but there's just no need.

It looks like it is setting out how many calories you should be eating which makes no sense. People's starting weight, metabolism and activity outside the gym will vary hugely which means big differences in what a certain amount of calories will do to their bodies. You just can't write such a specific diet plan and expect it to work for whoever manages to find it. You need to work out how much you need to eat, a calculator will help you get a good guess to start from but you'll only really know after a few weeks by seeing how the scales move.

Since you're not a top bodybuilder you don't need to be all too exact with your diet to make progress. By al means take ideas for meals from these plans but there's no need to follow one to the letter. Eat enough calories but not too much that you're just getting fat. Eat a decent serving of protein with each meal. Worry about refining it (to your specific needs) if need be further down the line when it makes more of a difference and by that point you'll have learned more (or you should learn more, reading should be part of your training). Right now you're presumably a noob so you can practically look at a bar and gain muscle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    I think don't take advice from someone who's trying to sell you something is a good rule in life. Anyone sponsored is required to (often somewhat subtly) sell the companies ****. Looking at the list of supplements this guy is suggesting he ain't so subtle.

I CBA reading the full thing so assumptions on what it's claiming based on a skim. How many meals you eat a day is personal preference, if you like two big meals do that, it won't effect your gains. Liquid 'meals' can be useful if you struggle to eat enough but what you need to get is a blender not some powder, it'll be cheaper and have the same effect.

You don't need 50% of your calories to come from protein, that's excessive and not based on any research. Research says more 1g per kg of bodyweight is plenty. You can get more of your calories from protein if you want, so long as you are still getting enough fat and carbs, but there's just no need.

It looks like it is setting out how many calories you should be eating which makes no sense. People's starting weight, metabolism and activity outside the gym will vary hugely which means big differences in what a certain amount of calories will do to their bodies. You just can't write such a specific diet plan and expect it to work for whoever manages to find it. You need to work out how much you need to eat, a calculator will help you get a good guess to start from but you'll only really know after a few weeks by seeing how the scales move.

Since you're not a top bodybuilder you don't need to be all too exact with your diet to make progress. By al means take ideas for meals from these plans but there's no need to follow one to the letter. Eat enough calories but not too much that you're just getting fat. Eat a decent serving of protein with each meal. Worry about refining it (to your specific needs) if need be further down the line when it makes more of a difference and by that point you'll have learned more (or you should learn more, reading should be part of your training). Right now you're presumably a noob so you can practically look at a bar and gain muscle.
    Thanks man, when I saw his list of supps I thought he is definitely trying to sell them as the come to a price over £200 which is ridiculous for supps.

ReputationRep:
    Chest and back on the same day and then arms on another day. Interesting....,

I see a sponsored lifter is suggesting one must consume 3 expensive bloody shakes a day to gain lean mass, ok jpeg,

Everyone will be set at a 2500kcal for daily feed [you wat m8 only midgets can bulk on that]. Ok 50 percent of your calories is set aside for protein. Ok there is 4 calories per a gram of protein. 1250kcal is half of 2500kcal, 1250kcal / 4 = 312.5g of protein. Or are the percentages per a meal?

Supplements are there to supplement your diet. Eat your foods, when its 2 hours before bed. Calculate your calories, see what your down on. Then eat something to fill in the gap, or consume a supplement.

Everyone caloric intake on a bulk should be different. Calculate your caloric maintenance level, the amount of calories you need to maintain your weight. Then add say an extra 300-500 calories.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=156380183

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.