Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo,

Just wondering if anyone current Exeter students could give me any info/opinions on the history course at the streatham campus? Personally I think it sounds interesting but was seeking some detail about content, workload, lecture time vs. independent study, amount of reading etc.

Also, what sort of subjects did history students study as AS/A2? and what sort of grades did people get who got offers from Exeter? (I'm currently at AS and going onto A2 in September)

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi

You might have already seen this, but this should give you a good idea of the content/modules available! http://humanities.exeter.ac.uk/histo...odules_level1/

I'm not a history student myself, but if my housemates are anything to go by, History students generally don't have that many contact hours. The uni website says to expect 10 contact hours a week in your first year. I've known my housemates to only have to go in to uni 2 or 3 days a week for 2 or 3 hours, but I have no idea how much reading etc. they have to do.
    Sorry I couldn't be of more help! I just thought I'd chime in since nobody else had replied :P

ReputationRep:
    Aw no, that's really helpful, thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.