Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Greetings TSR engineering enthusiasts!

I made this thread in order to find out some information from those whom are currently studying a BTEC, and have aspiration to study engineering at university (regardless of discipline), so have either applied through UCAS this year, or will be applying:

- What BTEC subject are you studying?
    - Are you studying any additional qualifications along with your BTEC? i.e. An A-Level
    - How were your grades in your first year? (if completed)
    - What engineering discipline do you plan on studying at university?
    - Where have you applied to and gained offers from? (only if you have already applied)
    - Where do you intend on applying? (if you're applying this coming September/October)

Many thanks!

iRaii

ReputationRep:
    BUMP

ReputationRep:
    I did - and should be going to the University of Leeds this September to study Aeronautical Engineering.

Unfortunately for you, Leeds, and most other good Russell group universities are now asking for a BTEC Extended Diploma, in addition to an A in A Level Mathematics.

ReputationRep:
    You'd be surprised when I say this, but I've only found the University of Surrey ask for an A in A Level Mathematics as an additional required qualification, although I aim to apply for Electrical and Electronic Engineering. The University of Leeds only ask for D*DD in addition to a D in the Further Mathematics modules taken.

May I ask, if you don't mind, what your first year result was, as well as your prediction on UCAS and what you attained over all?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.