Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I've been asked to do an extended project in school, its not the official qualification but it apparently has the same weight on a personal statement (4000 word essay + presentation).
    I've got 2 weeks left to do it (given 3 weeks in total ) and am really struggling for ideas.
    I'm looking for anything in Maths/ Physics or a bit of Chemistry preferably something that somehow fits on an engineering (Chemical?) personal statement.
    Here are some failed/possible ideas I had with reasons:
    1.Game Theory-->in D2 so not really off the spec
    2.Can Robots be made creative enough to invent their own language?--> maybs not many sources for information though
    3. Is wireless electricity viable?--not sure
    4.How have the encryption methods of today been influenced or evolved from ancient methods?- not sure again
    5. Maths of Deal or No Deal-->possible but not enough scope to be near 4000 words

Essentially, I have some ideas but they're terrible and I'm very indecisive.
    Help appreciated!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Relativity
    Fluid dynamics
    Maxwell's equations
    Quantum computing
    Materials science (maybe something about LCDs?)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.