Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Edit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyhjkl)
    Just got my results and got a 2:1. My mark was 69.3% and a first is 69.5% for my course. Is it worth it to try and request a re-mark or any adjustment processes?

Thanks.
    YES!

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell definitely!! How cruel!!

ReputationRep:
    Just got my results and got a 2:1. My mark was 69.3% and a first is 69.5% for my course. Is it worth it to try and request a re-mark or any adjustment processes?

Thanks.
    How ungrateful are you?! Do you know how many people would be glad to have that? Just be happy with your high 2:1.

ReputationRep:
    So apparently last year a student had 69.4% and their mark was not increased :/ Harsh

ReputationRep:
    I would definitely appeal or speak to your tutor! I got 68.69%, worth me taking the same route??? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xcalibur)
    How ungrateful are you?! Do you know how many people would be glad to have that? Just be happy with your high 2:1.
    Why should he be happy with a 2.1 when there's a potential for a first? Just because you would be happy with a 2.1 doesn't mean others would be too. Some people are capable of achieving more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by william_768)
    I would definitely appeal or speak to your tutor! I got 68.69%, worth me taking the same route??? thanks!
    That's far too low. Although it's only less that a percent away from a first, you would have to pick up a significant amounts of marks for your average mark to go up. But it would depend on how your uni weighs the marks

I think OP has the same problem. Although he's only 0.1 percent away, getting that extra 0.1 percent as an average could require about 3-5 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben_Dover)
    Why should he be happy with a 2.1 when there's a potential for a first? Just because you would be happy with a 2.1 doesn't mean others would be too. Some people are capable of achieving more
    That awkward moment when I got a 1st.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xcalibur)
    That awkward moment when I got a 1st.
    Why would that be an awkward moment for me? I got a first too.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it can be done tbh. I know at my uni, your overall degree mark is set. No remarks allowed

ReputationRep:
    Don't see what you've got to lose by requesting a remark/appeal so I'd go for it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If it's anything like A levels, the borderline marks are the ones which are most carefully scrutinised during the moderation process, but it won't do any harm to ask.

ReputationRep:

Thanks.
    It's unlikely for it to go up - your grade would have been scrutinised by module boards/external markers and most don't offer a remark system.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.