The Student Room Group

2015 Nursing Applications - Where? Which Branch?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jac800K
I've just had my application sent off! Applying to Cardiff, Nottingham and Liverpool (uni) for adult nursing and Southampton and De Montfort for dual field adult and child :smile: How long did it take for the interviews to come through for you?

i applied on October 3td had my Liverpool john moores interview offer on the 7th (they seem to be replying fairly quickly) and Manchester I had 10 days after Liverpool :smile:
Original post by tanisharose
Congrats, hope your interview goes well! How long did it take for you to get an offer from when you sent off your application? I'm so impatient haha.

I had my two replies within 2-3 weeks but I did apply really early on something like the 3rd of October and now I haven't had replies from my other three, but I suppose a lot more have applied now so they have more to go through :smile: hopefully well get se replies soon! I hate waiting'
Original post by Jac800K
That's really great! I wouldn't worry too much about not having much hospital experience as it's really hard to get... i.e. nearly 30 people were interviewed for the 8 places on my volunteering scheme! I applied about a week and a half ago for adult nursing at Cardiff, Nottingham and Liverpool, and dual field A & C at Southampton and De Montfort... I've had nothing from any of them yet apart from confirmations! So worried that I didn't make mine field-specific enough- I didn't really want to focus too much on adult nursing because of the dual field, but read last night that you could send a second personal statement at dual field interview, and the normal statement really needs to show that you are focused on one specific field :frown:

I've got an interview at southampton, they took a while to get back to me, so i wouldn't worry!
Original post by blondy2012
I've just applied today for Leeds Beckett and York! Also applied for Leeds, Sheffield Hallam and Manchester. Can't wait to here from the unis, i've already applied twice but been unsuccessful due to my grades so I'm on a BTEC course now. Can't wait! Good Luck!!

Good luck too. I hope you hear back soon, the wait is so hard. Good luck on your course :smile:
Yes I have applied, I ended up applying to York, Leeds Med, Kings, Southbank and Liverpool JM, but waiting for my college to send it off, been waiting 2 weeks now! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an interview offer for LJMU, in shock as I only sent my application off last night. Interview looks quite difficult:/
Original post by claireestelle
Just got an interview offer for LJMU, in shock as I only sent my application off last night. Interview looks quite difficult:/

what date is yours on? I have mine November 14th! I'm pretty nervous about the maths test but in the interview pack they provide the maths test looks really simple :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an interview offer from LJMU, very excited:smile:
Congrats to everyone getting interviews! :smile:
Original post by ellieemegan
what date is yours on? I have mine November 14th! I'm pretty nervous about the maths test but in the interview pack they provide the maths test looks really simple :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

November 26th, I m waiting on getting the interview pack , i m worried about the individual interview really, maths is the one thing I m not worried about
Original post by LozzyBaddick
Yes I have applied, I ended up applying to York, Leeds Med, Kings, Southbank and Liverpool JM, but waiting for my college to send it off, been waiting 2 weeks now! X

What nursing you applying too and what college you at and what subjects, many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are you hoping to do and get in uni as in what offers
Reply 271
hey, I'm a first year children's nursing student, feel free to message me any questions you may have :smile:
Reply 272
ive applied to leeds beckett, bradford, leeds uni, huddersfield and manchester,
i only sent my application off last week and ive had 2 unsuccessfull applications so far
i have all my a levels gcse's etc (meets requirements) i have worked in a nursing home alongside nurses for the past 2 + 1/2 years, im just feeling a little crappy because my main choice of uni declined my application for not meeting entry requirements - but when i checked i do meet the requirements on the website!

is their something im doing wrong or what?!?
Reply 273
I applied last week and have already had 2 rejections already... i was feeling pretty confident due to experience and qualifications etc, but now not so much! :frown:
Really hoping to send my application off soon, I've been ready for a month but my reference still hasn't been completed by my school! Little bit annoyed by this:/ well done everyone for your interviews :smile:
Original post by Shaunanoden
I have got an interview for adult nursing at manchester on 19th November...very nervous, good luck everyone

So do I :smile: good luck, I'll be seeing you there!
Reply 276
Original post by RJ-21
I applied last week and have already had 2 rejections already... i was feeling pretty confident due to experience and qualifications etc, but now not so much! :frown:

Oh no, so sorry :frown: Where did you apply and who rejected you? Just out of interest what are your grades? Sure you'll be snapped up by someone- so sorry though about your rejections :frown:
Reply 277
I applied to leeds uni, leeds Beckett, Huddersfield, Bradford and Manchester

Leeds Beckett declined as I didn't meet there entry requirements - I have a double award in health and social care and an Nvq diploma in health and social care and I've nearly finished my level 3... My maths and English are c grade and I have a d and c for science / additional science - but it says health and social grade can be used for the science grade.. Plus I've worked in a nursing home for the past 2 & a half years and have worked my butt off to get some extra qualifications to help improve my chances to get on a nursing course. I might contact them to ask why I don't meet their entry requirements? Bradford rejected me also but gave no reason! So frustrating
Original post by RJ-21
I applied to leeds uni, leeds Beckett, Huddersfield, Bradford and Manchester

Leeds Beckett declined as I didn't meet there entry requirements - I have a double award in health and social care and an Nvq diploma in health and social care and I've nearly finished my level 3... My maths and English are c grade and I have a d and c for science / additional science - but it says health and social grade can be used for the science grade.. Plus I've worked in a nursing home for the past 2 & a half years and have worked my butt off to get some extra qualifications to help improve my chances to get on a nursing course. I might contact them to ask why I don't meet their entry requirements? Bradford rejected me also but gave no reason! So frustrating

I don't think NVQ's convert into any UCAS points (apart from accountancy) so It's probably up to the University if they accept it or not. I'm not 100% sure but NVQ's aren't listed on the UCAS tarrif table
Original post by tanisharose
I sent my application off on Friday! I applied for adult nursing at Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield, York and Lincoln. Nervously awaiting any kind of contact from either UCAS or the universities themselves...

we have exactly the same choices except I've got Leeds Beckett rather than Lincoln! Have you heard back from any yet?

Quick Reply