Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Facial Hair watch

Announcements

I am a 16 year old male and I have been shaving my facial hair for about half a year. I have a problem where even immediately after shaving there is still some stubble left and I cannot get rid of it. I hate facial hair and I find it embarassing when I see that I have stubble, therefore, could someone advise me on a way to get rid of all the stubble, and to keep it away for a longer duration of time? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Rinse your face with warm water, apply foam and use a cut throat razor & go against the grain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a 16 year old male and I have been shaving my facial hair for about half a year. I have a problem where even immediately after shaving there is still some stubble left and I cannot get rid of it. I hate facial hair and I find it embarassing when I see that I have stubble, therefore, could someone advise me on a way to get rid of all the stubble, and to keep it away for a longer duration of time? Thanks.
    Trust me, having facial hair is a good trait to have. A lot of women will say that they find facial hair on a man attractive, so embrace the facial hair. Unless you have a chubby face, or facial hair somehow doesn't suit you, you really should embrace the facial hair, shape it up nicely, and get a nice stubble.

ReputationRep:

(Original post by AnharM)
    Trust me, having facial hair is a good trait to have. A lot of women will say that they find facial hair on a man attractive, so embrace the facial hair. Unless you have a chubby face, or facial hair somehow doesn't suit you, you really should embrace the facial hair, shape it up nicely, and get a nice stubble.
    In my opinion it looks dirty and makes the man appear less professional than if he were to shave off his facial hair.

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Rinse your face with warm water, apply foam and use a cut throat razor & go against the grain.
    Thanks, I will attempt to follow your advice.

ReputationRep:
    Beards are hawt...

Egh please leave it on, it will make you 100% more attractive especially since your 16. :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With all due respect, OP, you're only sixteen, give it at least three years and you'll realise why being able to grow facial hair is a good thing. Girls love it, I certainly do anyway, makes a guy look more manly in my opinion.

Having said that, I've seen seriously good-looking guys with no facial hair, they're still hot but there's something about a guy with a beard.

(Original post by saarah_)
    With all due respect, OP, you're only sixteen, give it at least three years and you'll realise why being able to grow facial hair is a good thing. Girls love it, I certainly do anyway, makes a guy look more manly in my opinion.

Having said that, I've seen seriously good-looking guys with no facial hair, they're still hot but there's something about a guy with a beard.
    If I may ask, why? In my opinion facial hair makes a man appear lazy, dirty and unprofessional. How can that be attractive?

ReputationRep:
    If I may ask, why? In my opinion facial hair makes a man appear lazy, dirty and unprofessional. How can that be attractive?
    It's not dirty if he looks like he looks after himself and trims his beard on a regular basis. I'm not sure what it is but girls just seem to like guys with beards.

(Original post by saarah_)
    It's not dirty if he looks like he looks after himself and trims his beard on a regular basis. I'm not sure what it is but girls just seem to like guys with beards.
    Okay, fair enough, but in my opinion, facial hair looks dirty.
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    I dislike it as well. I shave every other day so that it grows a bit then the razor can get a good cut on it and it is more or less fully gone. Luckily the day inbetween is where i'm only at college for a couple of lessons rather than a full day so my appearance matters less.

ReputationRep:
    Well aren't you lucky, I'm on the wrong side of 20 (22 infact) now and still can't grow a proper beard, I'd love to have a good beard, mine just ends up all patchy

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion it looks dirty and makes the man appear less professional than if he were to shave off his facial hair.
    I've been told that stubble looks dirty and if you can't get rid of all the hair then just grow a beard. Just make sure you keep it trimmed and tidy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You have to shape it up, and maintain the facial hair at a decent length, such as these:

A beard looks much more attractive on a guy than without one, so embrace it, stop rejecting the truth.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    You have to shape it up, and maintain the facial hair at a decent length, such as these:

A beard looks much more attractive on a guy than without one, so embrace it, stop rejecting the truth.
    Omdsss that last guys face! :love:

but OP... Facial hair looks so attractive on guys :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IqraHaq)
    Omdsss that last guys face! :love:

but OP... Facial hair looks so attractive on guys :daydreaming:
    Haha, somehow I knew you'd comment on the last guy

ReputationRep:
    Haha, somehow I knew you'd comment on the last guy
    Looooool yup :daydreaming: you seem his face tho? :love: ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IqraHaq)
    Looooool yup :daydreaming: you seem his face tho? :love: ahaha
    You daydream about a lot of guys uno!

ReputationRep:
    You daydream about a lot of guys uno!
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I don't really :rolleyes:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2014
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.