Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Who's doing Slimming World? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As the title says really! Anybody?

ReputationRep:
    cringe at people who actually pay for fad diets, rather than do some research. losing weight isnt rocket science

if calories in<calories burned, you will lose weight

ReputationRep:
    Its not actually a fad diet. Its not a diet at all actually. Its just different way of eating. No calorie counting, no weighing food. A diet is depriving yourself of the things you like. Ie chocolate. I still eat chocolate.

www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR Mobile[/URL]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyBurge)
    Its not actually a fad diet. Its not a diet at all actually. Its just different way of eating. No calorie counting, no weighing food. A diet is depriving yourself of the things you like. Ie chocolate. I still eat chocolate.

Regardless, If I ate what I wanted within the slimming world parameters, I would still gain weight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG44)
    Regardless, If I ate what I wanted within the slimming world parameters, I would still gain weight.
    Not really, I eat what I want in Slimming world and I lost 2 stone in 5 months. I still eat whatever I like at the weekends off plan, and I haven't put any weight back on.

I didn't start this thread for negative comments guys, I started it for people who are actually interested.

nice comments only please

ReputationRep:

a diet isnt that at all, you can still eat chocolate on a diet, providing your total calories consumed is less than expended.

ReputationRep:
    Not really, I eat what I want in Slimming world and I lost 2 stone in 5 months. I still eat whatever I like at the weekends off plan, and I haven't put any weight back on.

I didn't start this thread for negative comments guys, I started it for people who are actually interested.

nice comments only please
    It wasn't a negative comment, it was thinking broadly about a 'diet'.

Of course you can lose weight on it, however it is classed as a fad diet due to poor behaviour habits.

i.e. inability to reverse diet, lack of true diet knowledge.

I have a really good PDF on diets that is worth a lot of money to buy if you would like me to email it you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG44)
    It wasn't a negative comment, it was thinking broadly about a 'diet'.

Of course you can lose weight on it, however it is classed as a fad diet due to poor behaviour habits.

i.e. inability to reverse diet, lack of true diet knowledge.

I have a really good PDF on diets that is worth a lot of money to buy if you would like me to email it you?
    No that's cool I appreciate your comment, every one has their own opinions on these type of things I guess it just depends what works best for each individual. SW works well for me and my partner.

I wouldn't agree that it has poor behaviour habits? What would you say they were?
    If anything it actually promotes healthier eating I would say. It encourages to eat more fruit and veg by its '1 third' portion control rule.

Either way, im really happy with it and how its going because I really don't feel that I am 'dieting' as such. Ive tried the 5:2 diet and hated it. I constantly felt hungry. But with SW I can eat until I feel full as long as I am eating the right things I wont put on weight.

ReputationRep:
    As the title says really! Anybody?

I loosely follow it, sticking roughly to the parameters of it but then also fitting in my daily caloric targets etc. I know the plan is aimed at getting people to eat at a caloric deficit without having to do any of that scary math stuff that a lot of dieters tend to shy away from, but I'm just nerdy when it comes to having to know the nutritional info for everything.

(Original post by AMG44)
    It's not really a diet, per sé. When people talk about "going on a diet" it's usually a thing with a specific time frame, this is one that sees itself as a lifestyle in that you're meant to maintain it and not just stop it when you've hit your targets. Quite the opposite of a fad diet in fact. It works well for most people who fall within a certain range. If you're reasonably active, at least moderately overweight and don't have a massive appetite its easy to get good results with it.

ReputationRep:

More like reduce the portions sizes/calories. I can eat Mc Donalds/Chocolates if I want to reduce weight regularly if I want, as long as the calories don't put me over my caloric maintenance level [the amount of calories i need to maintain my weight.
    Dieting is a numbers game.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.