Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Little long sorry..

I was in a rush and the store on Oxford St was so busy, I bought some trousers without trying them on and misread the size. It was paid for by my dad who is still in London and I'm not seeing him again for a while. Anyway, because they're too baggy I want to return them. The price tag/barcode had already been ripped off when I bought them so the shop assistant had to enter the item's code in. I have the receipt however the code is actually different from the one on the item which means she mistyped it in. Is there anything I can do?! It means I have no card and an invalid and worthless receipt. Help!

ReputationRep:
    call customer services

ReputationRep:
    have you tried going into the store and asking if they can do anything for you? they might let you exchange them. a few people I know have gone into topshop with leggings/jeans that they've been wearing for ages and ask if they can swap them for new ones because they've got holes in them. and they've said yes! I'd go in and at least try

ReputationRep:
    Explain your situation, I'm sure they'll do something for you - might not return money but may offer an exchange or store credit! I took some boots back to New ;ook without a receipt & they had marks on them from when I brought then (couldn't prove that of course) but they gave me store credit because I didn't have the receipt

ReputationRep:
    As long as the receipt date is recent, and you want to exchange for another item they shouldn't have a problem with it - the receipt might have the assistant's name on it and she might remember typing in the code manually if you wanted someone to back your story up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.