Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    A few days ago the guy I like tells me he's done with me and we can stay friends after an argument. He had already made up his mind and I told him how I felt a zillion times. He said I was distant and I wasn't letting him in. I've never been more open with anyone before him.

I pointed out the fact I was never off the map and I was the one to message him all the time. In the end he said okay. I knew this meant it would take time for things to be back to normal. I continued to message him and it was like getting blood out of a stone.

I sometimes feel like he expects alot from me. I have explained my situation and he has been very patient. He doesn't seem to think he's the guy that I will let in hence why he said let's stay friends.

I can't lie. I'm uncertain if this is okay with me. If I didn't care I wouldn't have bothered messaging him. I'm trying though.

Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    It's over. You're hearing the words he's saying without actually listening to them.

ReputationRep:
    "He doesn't think that he's the guy I'll let in..."

No, sorry, that's a delusion. He simply doesn't think that you're good enough to be his girlfriend. It's up to you wether you can purge yourself of feelings for him or wether you want to remain in his friendzone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crumpet1)
    It's over. You're hearing the words he's saying without actually listening to them.
    I did initially think this. However our conversation he initated this evening said otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NebII)
    "He doesn't think that he's the guy I'll let in..."

No, sorry, that's a delusion. He simply doesn't think that you're good enough to be his girlfriend. It's up to you wether you can purge yourself of feelings for him or wether you want to remain in his friendzone.
    Lol. To be honest he's liked me for years. He's poured his heart out a few times in the beginning. He claims I put him in the friendzone.

In the conversation you quoted he did also say he is there for me when I need him and he just wants to be a part of my life. I believe him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    A few days ago the guy I like tells me he's done with me and we can stay friends after an argument. He had already made up his mind and I told him how I felt a zillion times. He said I was distant and I wasn't letting him in. I've never been more open with anyone before him.

I pointed out the fact I was never off the map and I was the one to message him all the time. In the end he said okay. I knew this meant it would take time for things to be back to normal. I continued to message him and it was like getting blood out of a stone.

I sometimes feel like he expects alot from me. I have explained my situation and he has been very patient. He doesn't seem to think he's the guy that I will let in hence why he said let's stay friends.

I can't lie. I'm uncertain if this is okay with me. If I didn't care I wouldn't have bothered messaging him. I'm trying though.

Any advice?
    Just sounds like a bit of a cowardly way of breaking up- basically trying to blame you so he doesn't look like the bad guy. It sounds like he's looking for an easy way out.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like he may just want a bit of attention. if he says his done and you can be friends say thats cool, i would love for you to say in my life. give it a couple weeks or so see if it doesnt creep back in. if it doesnt and he doesnt try n be more than friends or poor out his heart as you said, then maybe he just was over your situation and is really done. trust me guys ALWAYS come back to what they want TRUST me. guys will have the most to say about their ex but if they had mad chemistry best believe he is coming back sooner or later!

just test him i say, if he is done its not the end of the world! could be something better waiting for you outside of him!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 3, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.