Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Just received an application from my local college for gcse math level 2. On it it says there will be 6 exams ,4 in march??!! And two in June. When I rang up the college few days back, the advisor said there will only be 2 exams in June. When I asked my step daughter who only just sat them in June, she also confirmed about the two exam being in June. I have also look at provisional gcse exams dates for 2015 and again, no mention of march exams. Could someone please explain? Are there march exams internal or mocks maybe? Apologies if this question has been asked already , thanks kat

ReputationRep:
    Depends which syllabus and which examiner.
    Gcse maths is now a linear qualification where you take either 2 or 3 exams at the end of the course.
    Exams are in either June or November.
    A one year course is likely to be structured around two exams taken in June.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gdunne42)
    Depends which syllabus and which examiner.
    Gcse maths is now a linear qualification where you take either 2 or 3 exams at the end of the course.
    Exams are in either June or November.
    A one year course is likely to be structured around two exams taken in June.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you !

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.