Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied for student finance in February.

As Im a European national living here for like 11 years, I had to send in residency evidence. However this process has gotten nowhere.

Until may I was told to sent in one piece of evidence within the past 3 years. Which was done 4 times after being asked by student finance. However they than said that I'm ineligible as I have not provided evidence that covers the whole 3 years and not just 1 date, even though 4 different advisors said just send in 1.

In may I sent all evidence including, child tax, bank statements, child benefit and letters from college to show residency. But then after 3 weeks they said I need to send in the letters from school as the assessors thought they were photocopied and not hand signed, which they were in fact hand signed. So I sent these in. I call them everyday and they say it will take a few weeks

Now I'm stressed because I need to apply for accommodation by 1st august and I also applied for DSA and I'm still not sure of anything because I haven't had my assessment. What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala121)
    I applied for student finance in February.

As Im a European national living here for like 11 years, I had to send in residency evidence. However this process has gotten nowhere.

Until may I was told to sent in one piece of evidence within the past 3 years. Which was done 4 times after being asked by student finance. However they than said that I'm ineligible as I have not provided evidence that covers the whole 3 years and not just 1 date, even though 4 different advisors said just send in 1.

In may I sent all evidence including, child tax, bank statements, child benefit and letters from college to show residency. But then after 3 weeks they said I need to send in the letters from school as the assessors thought they were photocopied and not hand signed, which they were in fact hand signed. So I sent these in. I call them everyday and they say it will take a few weeks

Now I'm stressed because I need to apply for accommodation by 1st august and I also applied for DSA and I'm still not sure of anything because I haven't had my assessment. What should I do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same problem here.

I also applied in February, and since then it has been a succession of tiring back and forths.

First, the residence form I was sent only asked for a piece of evidence from the month attached to my address, so I sent the original copy of a bank statement from that month. Three weeks later, I get a mail asking me to provide evidence from the day and that my bank statement hadn't been accepted anyway because it had been printed (by the bank itself!!)
    They wanted printed copies.

So, I ordered all the bank statements from the last 3 years (around 30 months worth of statements) and got them stamped. Of course, the whole thing weighting around a kilo, I only sent the first pages summarizing my transactions. It wasn't accepted either because it turned out they wanted to see the transactions, according to the customer service. They went as far as to tell me that they would need all the transactions. Then I got cut and recalled them straight away and got put in contact with another representative who told me I only needed to send a couple of statements+transactions for every year.

Basically, 80% of what I send is denied and nobody can agree on what I can actually provide. Add to that the fact you have to wait for 2 or 3 weeks for a (positive/negative) response... it is both stressing and infuriating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slainery)
    Same problem here.

I also applied in February, and since then it has been a succession of tiring back and forths.

First, the residence form I was sent only asked for a piece of evidence from the month attached to my address, so I sent the original copy of a bank statement from that month. Three weeks later, I get a mail asking me to provide evidence from the day and that my bank statement hadn't been accepted anyway because it had been printed (by the bank itself!!)
    They wanted printed copies.

So, I ordered all the bank statements from the last 3 years (around 30 months worth of statements) and got them stamped. Of course, the whole thing weighting around a kilo, I only sent the first pages summarizing my transactions. It wasn't accepted either because it turned out they wanted to see the transactions, according to the customer service. They went as far as to tell me that they would need all the transactions. Then I got cut and recalled them straight away and got put in contact with another representative who told me I only needed to send a couple of statements+transactions for every year.

Basically, 80% of what I send is denied and nobody can agree on what I can actually provide. Add to that the fact you have to wait for 2 or 3 weeks for a (positive/negative) response... it is both stressing and infuriating.
    Seriously I don't know what to do.. I guess I'm going to ask to speak to a supervisor. Every time I talk to them they say it will be done. I font even think I would be able to get to go uni this year because of this mess.

3 of my siblings did student finance and they never were asked for a us residency info. I guess a letter from the HM Queen might be sufficient or David Cameron , let me send them an email now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala121)
    I guess a letter from the HM Queen might be sufficient or David Cameron , let me send them an email now.
    Don't forget to get that letter stamped by the whole Royal Family though, as it might not be enough.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.