Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Since I left highschool I've rarely & found difficult to meet or speak to any girls because I don't know them & I think to myself why would they want to talk to me if they don't know me or find me attractive?

I can't remember the last time a girl showed a slight interest in me so does any one else have this similar problem when it comes to the opposite sex?

(Original post by HayBro)
    Since I left highschool I've rarely & found difficult to meet or speak to any girls because I don't know them & I think to myself why would they want to talk to me if they don't know me or find me attractive?

I can't remember the last time a girl showed a slight interest in me so does any one else have this similar problem when it comes to the opposite sex?
    I am not a guy so I can't help too much haha. I find it hard to talk to guys that I like, which is weird cuz I'm usually really good at talking to guys and bad at talking to girls :P

What id maybe suggest doing is finding a girl that you are just friends with and practise talking to girls with her to build your confidence. And maybes try and meet more girls without focusing on whether they like you / want to date you. Girls usually have friends that are girls and just by knowing more girls you'll increase your chances of finding one that likes you 😁

Anyways hope this is marginally useful haha, though I have my own issues finding guys so I'm probably not the best person to be giving advice :P good luck anyways

ReputationRep:
    It's probably different from a female perspective, but no-one ever showed any interest in me until I got to uni. I decided I was just going to be myself, as my friends from home are quite different to me (although still wonderful people), in the hope that I'd meet some new amazing people.

Basically in the queue to get my student card on the first day I got talking to the people in front of me because I saw from their lanyards that they were in the same halls as me. That evening I went on my own to the student union organised party and found them (the only people I knew) so I sat with them and the people they were with. Happened to get talking to a guy who was there and later we happened to both mention we wanted to go see the same movie that had just come out. So the next day he messaged me on facebook and we arranged to go see it together. Fast forward nearly 3 years and we're getting married in September!

So my advice from my limited one-relationship-life: be yourself, relax, stop worrying that you'll never find someone, and just aim to have a good time. For you, perhaps you need to stop worrying about whether a girl likes you whenever you talk to them - maybe she hasn't decided yet herself! Be confident in your self, and be confident to be yourself - don't go pretending to be someone/something you're not.

I hope that helps rather than being a load of 'self help textbook' drivel. Good luck

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 2, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.