Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which dentistry university are hardest to get into? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for dentistry next year and was wondering if anyone knows which of the UK dental schools are hardest/easiest to get into. I've heard all sorts of rumours like Queen Mary being hardest academically, and Leeds/Liverpool being hard as well due to the highest numbers of applicants. But when I tried to google it I couldn't find much at all.
    Does anyone have any idea??

ReputationRep:
    They are all as hard as each other!! But obviously some will be easier for you personally ro get into because of youre strengthals so if you are academic spmewhere thay expects high academics thus making it "hard to get into" is not really hard for you if that makes sense haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gg2048)
    I'm applying for dentistry next year and was wondering if anyone knows which of the UK dental schools are hardest/easiest to get into. I've heard all sorts of rumours like Queen Mary being hardest academically, and Leeds/Liverpool being hard as well due to the highest numbers of applicants. But when I tried to google it I couldn't find much at all.
    Does anyone have any idea??
    Completely depends on your application.
    QMUL one of the hardest academically, leeds probably the easiest academically but the hardest in terms of work experience/volunteering etc.
    They're all AAA though

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon cos leeds is introducing bmat as a requirement now, they'll get way less applicants and therefore it'll e easier or not??

ReputationRep:
    Do you reckon cos leeds is introducing bmat as a requirement now, they'll get way less applicants and therefore it'll e easier or not??
    I think they'll get less applicants sure. Dunno about it being easier to get into, they'll still want long term work experience. Leeds is a risky option IMO.

ReputationRep:
    Which do you think are least risky then? I reckon I'll skip leeds and go for sheffield, newcastle, manchester and kings?
    Just depends on your application, honestly couldn't tell you.

ReputationRep:
    Which do you think are least risky then? I reckon I'll skip leeds and go for sheffield, newcastle, manchester and kings?
    Does sheffield do dentistry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Leeds is asking for BMAT this year but then you won't be put in disadvantage for ur score this year because it's a trial period for them. They will be assess ur application with the old method. ( so yeaa long term work exp and voluntary work in PS)

ReputationRep:
    WHAT! I didn't know this. Madness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    WHAT! I didn't know this. Madness
    Yup,
    10% reduction in places, No Jan exams and now BMAT exams
    10/10 would be mad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teen1234)
    Completely depends on your application.
    QMUL one of the hardest academically, leeds probably the easiest academically but the hardest in terms of work experience/volunteering etc.
    They're all AAA though
    Glasgow and Dundee are AAB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Minimum...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    Minimum...
    Exactly a lot of unis just use these to determine whether you are suitable for the course the majority of whether you get a place is down to PS for most unis....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Exactly a lot of unis just use these to determine whether you are suitable for the course the majority of whether you get a place is down to PS for most unis....
    Not sure how likely you are to get a place with AAB. Maybe easier now with the 9K fees, idk.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure how likely you are to get a place with AAB. Maybe easier now with the 9K fees, idk.
    why would it be easier with 9K fees? just as many people apply

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    why would it be easier with 9K fees? just as many people apply
    I doubt there are just as many people applying to Dundee now as there were when they charged £1800. But I could be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I doubt there are just as many people applying to Dundee now as there were when they charged £1800. But I could be wrong.
    That was years ago! There would be loads less people applying anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    That was years ago! There would be loads less people applying anyway.
    It was only 3 years ago, the numbers of UCAS applications decreased quite a lot, for specific courses I am not sure though.

ReputationRep:
    It was only 3 years ago, the numbers of UCAS applications decreased quite a lot, for specific courses I am not sure though.
    I would be surprised if that were true for dentist, but who knows it might be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slg60)
    Glasgow is AAA.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.