Architecture Personal Statement Watch

janspeek04
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Does anybody have any ideas of what to put for an architecture personal statement?
I've already put an opening as to why I want to study it, a paragraph of my architecture work experience and an ending. Any ideas? Thanks
SlowlorisIncognito
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
For most subjects, you're advised to read around your subject. Maybe find a book about your favourite architect or style to read and discuss? 3/4 of your statement should directly relate to the subject you want to study. Do any elements of your current study link to architecture? Can you explain what you enjoy about them? What are your future aspirations, and what do you want to achieve from your degree?

However, I suspect for architecture, most of the focus will be on your portfolio. So long as there are no glaring issues with your statement and it mostly focuses on why you want to study architecture, then you should be fine.
clareyyyyyyy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by SlowlorisIncognito)
However, I suspect for architecture, most of the focus will be on your portfolio. So long as there are no glaring issues with your statement and it mostly focuses on why you want to study architecture, then you should be fine.
Yup, this is about right - I received four offers for architecture (the rejection was on my portfolio) and my personal statement only really made reference to architecture in the first paragraph and then maybe twice after. It really does all hang on your portfolio (that is, assuming you're applying to unviersities that request portfolios). There's a couple of architecture personal statements here that you can have a gander at and see what they've done!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.69%
The paper was reasonable (1176)
54.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (469)
21.64%
It was TERRIBLE (182)
8.4%

Watched Threads