Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I guess I'm really tomboyish and I really want to get a boy cut, but I don't know if it's best for me

At the roots my hair is quite thick and soft, but the rest is basically like rope. My hair falls down to my shoulders.

I would've done it but main reasons for hesitation are

-parents
    -afraid of how I will look

That's pretty much it.

So what are your thoughts.

P.s. I practically am 99% boy (apart from having the organs needed to be a male) , stereotypically I mean. There are boys who like diff things but I really act like a guy.

ReputationRep:
    don't get one, it doesnt look really nice apart from on a few ppl
    just because you act like a boy doesn't mean that you should look like one
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm a tomboy and I cut my hair into a boy styled cut when I was around 14/15 and although it suited my personality, it just didn't suit me. It was one of my biggest regrets in life and took me years to grow out. If you are seriously considering cutting your hair, buy a cheap short style wig so you have a rough idea on how it would look on you before you make the cut, so to speak.

Some girls look great with a boy cut and I envy them as short hair can be very fashionable and practical. I have a roundish face so it didn't look good on me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How about taking it in stages and getting it a bit shorter first?

ReputationRep:
    You don't necessarily have to get a boy haircut per se, you can just get a shorter haircut that will suit you

But anyway, how are we going to decide what's the right choice? We don't know your parents, how you'll look with a boyish haircut, what consequences changing your haircut radically will bring, etc. So it's pretty much all up to you to decide what will be the best option.

It's also not entirely clear to me whether you consider yourself a boy that is in a girl's body, or a girl that's just very tomboyish. In the former case, getting a male haircut would be better since it'll help somewhat match how you feel inside and how you look on the outside. In the latter, it can be both ways but it's less important to get a specifically male haircut. Like I mentioned above shorter hair would do the trick.

Well, that's my two pennies worth Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.