The Student Room Group

The Somali Society Mk III

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abzey_97
Thanks dude.
When does a chapter end then?
Is it after a thread reaches the posts limit (if there is one) or something else?

Op is a cool idea. :yy:

Yeah. The mods close of threads after they reach 500 pages or 10,000 posts.
Original post by Abdul-Karim

Did u buy what u needed for uni then? :tongue:
Original post by Secretnerd123
Did u buy what u needed for uni then? :tongue:

Bought new laptop, iron, kitchen utensils (pans/plates/cutlery). Need to go buy a rice cooker (whatever the hell that is) tomorrow, because my mum advised me to do so :lol:. Bought some stationery (Books/Folders/Pens/Calculator/Compass set).

That's about it, so far.. :rolleyes:

Not sure what else I need exactly. I don't want to buy all the kitchen stuff like toasters etc.. in case a flatmate buys them as duplication wouldn't be entirely resourceful. I guess you don't have to worry about most of this stuff.

Oh wow the somali society has done really good then.
Thanks dude.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3444
Bought new laptop, iron, kitchen utensils (pans/plates/cutlery). Need to go buy a rice cooker (whatever the hell that is) tomorrow, because my mum advised me to do so :lol:. Bought some stationery (Books/Folders/Pens/Calculator/Compass set).

That's about it, so far.. :rolleyes:

Not sure what else I need exactly. I don't want to buy all the kitchen stuff like toasters etc.. in case a flatmate buys them as duplication wouldn't be entirely resourceful. I guess you don't have to worry about most of this stuff.

Looks like someone is moving out for uni...try not to burn your toast :tongue:
Original post by Ayah
Looks like someone is moving out for uni...try not to burn your toast :tongue:

Kicked out for university more like. I have no say in the matter.
Reply 3446
Kicked out for university more like. I have no say in the matter.

Loool really? Nah my mum should have done that with my brother!
Original post by Ayah
Loool really? Nah my mum should have done that with my brother!

Need to experience 'independence' as she'd like to call it.

Probably a bad decision on my part to stay in halls with regards to fitnah but what can you do eh'.
Reply 3448
Need to experience 'independence' as she'd like to call it.

Probably a bad decision on my part to stay in halls with regards to fitnah but what can you do eh'.

I think it will do you good..moving out is a big deal but you learn so much
Regarding the fitnah...inshallah you'll be fine and meet a bunch of bearded brothers. Jk beard doesnt have to be included :tongue:
Original post by Ayah
I think it will do you good..moving out is a big deal but you learn so much
Regarding the fitnah...inshallah you'll be fine and meet a bunch of bearded brothers. Jk beard doesnt have to be included :tongue:

I've already gone in with the wrong mindset then :lol:

My quest for top begins on Saturday. :K:
Reply 3450
I've already gone in with the wrong mindset then :lol:

My quest for top begins on Saturday. :K:

Just do your shopping in one go! :tongue:
Original post by Ayah
Just do your shopping in one go! :tongue:

Is this statement meant to have some deeper connotations? Admittedly, I'm failing to understand what you're implying.
Reply 3452
Is this statement meant to have some deeper connotations? Admittedly, I'm failing to understand what you're implying.

I was just saying get all your shopping done in one go like your tops shoes etc.
I prefer getting all my stuff done in a day..so i can then check if i forgot anything.
No deeep connatations damn lol
Original post by Ayah
I was just saying get all your shopping done in one go like your tops shoes etc.
I prefer getting all my stuff done in a day..so i can then check if i forgot anything.
No deeep connatations damn lol

Oh. I don't need to shop for clothes and shoes, I have plenty in my wardrobe.
Original post by Chukkeigh
Why you got to steal Hamdi's name for tho fam.? Take a back seat & juss do you boo. No copy cats need.

Fam you missed loads mannn. Too much to summerise you missed my proper thots moments & ma babyghel moments too.

LOOOOL twitter changed man uno. I had to relax with the banter some khutba had me thinking. Even replaced my @ name.

I am doing me ya see me.

LOOOOOL man said thot moments.
I found my favourite new sheikh though. Sheikh Salman Al-Utaybi he got man off music for a while.
Original post by MathsAddict
I found my favourite new sheikh though. Sheikh Salman Al-Utaybi he got man off music for a while.

I remember when I went sheikh mode but I'd give it a month :lol:

insha'Allah it works out for you though.
Guys ina lilahi wa ina ilahi rajiun. A medical student that graduated this year died today. SubhanaAllah makes you realise we are all casing our dreams, but whose to know if we will make them and even if we do, for how long we will be able to hold on to it before the inevitable arrives :frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Chukkeigh
Guys ina lilahi wa ina ilahi rajiun. A medical student that graduated this year died today. SubhanaAllah makes you realise we are all casing our dreams, but whose to know if we will make them and even if we do, for how long we will be able to hold on to it before the inevitable arrives :frown:

Very sad news.
Shows you how fickle and fleeting life is, but still we live it and try our best to do well in this life. As ali said prepare for death as though you will die tomorrow and live your life as though you will live for ever.

Quick Reply

Latest